A Surprise

Y/N's POV

Afternoon 2

"Sorry to interrupt, but-" I gasped as I heard Maragret speak from behind me. I turned around to look at her.

"Can't you at least give a warning before you sneak up behind someone?" I glared at the ... well, female organism, I guessed. It's not like I knew what she was. She looked human enough to automatically think of her as one.

"I was just going to say I overheard you guys talking earlier, and since you've never been ice skating before, I made you guys an ice skating rink!" Maragret replied cheerfully. I stared at her in shock. She did what?! I cringed as Maragret replied to my thoughts once more, saying "I made an ice skating rink. It's not that hard."

"So you just summoned an ice skating rink out of midair." I said, not believing what I had heard. Maragret nodded. I was startled once again when Jack spoke up.

"Can someone explain to me what the fuck is going on? I'm only hearing one side of the conversation." I turned to face the YouTuber. Jack seemed irritated, confused, and excited all at once. When you think about it, who wouldn't be any of those things when you only heard my half of the conversation. Maragret sighed, then beckoned the man to follow her, as I followed closely behind. What I saw amazed me.

There was this smooth floor made of pure ice laid out before me, in a perfectly round circle. The walls were made of colored glass, with beautiful blue and purple swirls spreading from one end of the room all the way around and back to the beginning. As my eyes traveled upward, I noticed a chandelier of what appeared to be giant ice crystals. Frozen much? "That is made out of sugar, thank you very much." I sheepishly smiled at Maragret, who had a furious expression on her face. It didn't last for long, however, as she appeared behind a counter I hadn't noticed, saying "we have pizza, a variety of Coke and Pepsi products, and the jackets you guys left, as well as two pairs of skates that should fit those who use them." I laughed as Maragret grabbed out two pairs of ice skates, perfectly sized for the feet of the humans in the room. Jack and I put on our skates and jackets and headed to the edge of the ice. There I froze. Jack noticed and turned around.

(This is where stuff leaves the realm of what I know. I only went ice skating once, and as you saw, it led to a broken arm.) "Are you coming?" Jack questioned. I glared at him, and Jack remembered our game from this morning. "Oh. Right." Jack took my hands, and slowly stepped onto the rink, pulling me onto the ice. I struggled to balance myself. "Y/N." As I began to lose balance, Jack tried to capture my attention. "Y/N." I looked into his eyes, fear showing across my face. "Don't worry about your feet. Just breathe." As I took in a deep breath, my balance improved, and Jack started to skate. "Follow my lead," Jack began. "Left." I slid my left foot behind me, pushing myself forward some. "Right." As I continued to skate, my fear dissipated and the activity became fun. Left, right, left, right. As I got a better hang of ice skating, Jack let go of my hands, surprising me a little. As I prepared for my imminent fall, I realized I was actually skating on my own. I laughed out loud. "That's it!" Jack yelled, drifting a few feet away from me. I whooped, gliding across the ice. Jack laughed and whooped along with me. We skated for hours, lasting long into the night, until we were too tired to continue. As we took off the skates and warm outer layers, I noticed something on Jack's arm.

"Jack, your tattoo..." Jack looked at me confused, then looked down at his arm, understanding. Jack's singular tattoo, a reference to a game called Bloodbourne, was beginning to appear again, no longer blending into his paler-than-normal skin. Jack whooped once more, and I followed suit, almost out-shouting him. We headed to bed for the night, and as I lay on the mattress, I thought over everything that happened that day and smiled. It was one of the greatest days I had in those two weeks.

I'm pretty sure that was when I began to fall for  Sean William Mcloughlin.