A Mild Panic

Note: I have first hand experience from these, I guess. I didn't know what they were when I first started getting them, but after quite a few different Wattpad stories from other people who have had them, and actually searching them up for myself, I have finally come to understand them as mild panic attacks. I've never really had a proper person help me out of one (probably because I've never told anyone about them), so I'll try my best when it comes to the part of calming the reader down. Normally when I'm on my own I can calm down after a while, but that takes a long time. I normally just talk to this one friend of mine who I can always rely on. She always manages to cheer me up. Thanks Luna-thorn Some of what you see here may trigger something for those of you who can be triggered, so read with caution. If you feel something might trigger you, please stop and skip the section. I don't want anyone to come to harm because of my story. That is all.

- a human

Y/N's POV

Night 1

After Jack had shown me around the house we didn't really do much. It was basically two strangers in a house together. Jack rearranged a spare room he had so that we both would have a place to sleep. Late that night I happened to be walking back towards my room when I began to think about all that had really happened. I was in the hallway next to our rooms, right next to where Jack was sleeping peacefully.

Maybe if Jack hadn't talked to me he wouldn't have been murdered. I stopped. That was it, right? It was my fault. If I hadn't been there...

"Jack died because of me..." I whispered. Tears were coming to my eyes, but I didn't really care. Somehow I was on the floor. It was starting to get hard to breath.

Jack's dead because I talked to him. It's all my fault. I killed him. I couldn't stop it now. I was sobbing, right there against the wall, barely breathing in between the crying. It was both a physical and emotional pain that I could feel, right in the center of my very being. It made me want to scream, but I didn't have enough air to try.

Jack's POV

I woke up to the sound of crying. Who could be crying this late at night? I got up out of bed, wearing nothing but a t-shirt and a pair of underwear, and opened the bedroom door. There, right at the end of the hall, was Y/N, curled up into a ball and crying harder than I've ever seen anyone crying in a while. I approached her slowly, not quite sure what to do. I'd heard about this before, but I've never dealt with it myself, so I wasn't very confident in helping, but I was willing to try. I got onto my knees in front of her.

"Hey." I said softly. She didn't respond, or seem to notice. "Hey." I said a little louder, gently grabbing her shoulders. "Look at me, okay? Can you tell me..." I thought for a second. "Five things you see?" I wasn't sure with this method, but it was one I heard worked for some people.

"Um..." Y/N took a breath, then looked around. She was already a bit calmer, so that was good, I supposed. "A clock..." she said shakily, "you..." I almost chuckled, but stopped myself. You don't laugh in a situation like this, Jack. Ever. "My..." she took another breath, "my shoes.." her voice was slightly less shaky than before. "The... the table..." it seemed like she was a lot calmer than before. Maybe this wasn't as bad as it could've been? "And that...that painting." She took another breath. She was pretty calmed down, but just in case I continued.

"Okay, now. Three... colors you can see." I said, skipping a step. She looked around, then stopped at me. But I was still white. Wasn't I?

"Your skin is really white..." Y/N said, staring at my face. "Your...eyes...are very light blue..." she said, astonishing me. The color of my eyes was starting to show again? I kept calm, though, as she continued. "And your shirt is light grey." This was a different t-shirt than the one I was wearing when I...died, so it wasn't affected by the white of the rest of my body. It seemed like she was calm enough for the last step, so I went on.

"Now, what caused you to panic?" I said gently. I gave her a second to think about it, incase she wasn't sure what caused it. However, she responded almost immediately, though it was slow.

"I..." she paused. "It was my fault you died." I was shocked. How could she think that? "If I hadn't talked to you, if I hadn't-" I hugged her, stopping her in her tracks.

"It's not your fault at all." I pulled away from the hug, grabbing her by her shoulders once again. "You can't control the actions of other people. You are not at fault here. If anyone's at fault, it's those people who stabbed me. Not you, them. Okay?" I hugged her again. "So please don't cry over something you didn't do." As I continued to hug her, I felt more tears drop onto my shoulder. I pulled away to see Y/N smiling.

"Thank you, Jack." She wiped away her tears. "That's just what I needed." Y/N hugged me this time, then pulled away. "Sorry I woke you up. Goodnight." She stood up and opened the door to her room.

"Y/N?" She turned to look at me. I smiled. "Don't let the bed bugs bite." She lightly chuckled, then closed the door. I sighed in relief. I had done an okay job of dealing with her panic attack. I headed back into my room and went to sleep.

If I had known all that was to happen, I would've never left her side.

Hello again! Author human here. Don't feel sorry for me, if you feel like you should. I'm used to it. This is about what happens to me every now and then, for completely different reasons though. Normally it's because of my irrational fears. I have a really bad fear of there not being anything after death, and we jut disappear when we die, and it terrifies me, so I normally try not to think about it. Every now and then it'll completely overwhelm me, normally at night, and I'll have to talk to my friend. The one time I couldn't talk to my friend was horrid. I never want to go through that again. So this is a thanks so my dear friend Maragret. Thank you Luna.

In all honesty though she probably won't look at this even though I tagged her and everything. That's just how she is.

- a human