• 5 •

When Nico left, Vivian started to cry. Nico had whispered that he loved her, that he had to go to Greece to find the Doors of Death, and that she was his girlfriend. She was devastated that her boyfriend had just told her he had to go to another country as soon as she was awake. Then Emma walked in. She asked, "Vivian, why did Nico kiss you? I mean, I know Nico..."

She answered, "I have no idea."

But she had a very big, sad, and great reason why he had kissed her: what he had whispered to her in her hospital bed. Vivian told Emma that he left to go to Greece to find the Doors. Later that night, Emma sang a song that she had written herself. It was for everyone that had a boyfriend/girlfriend at the camp. Vivian couldn't take it. She ran to her cabin and started to cry for Nico. When Emma had finished her song, she went to the Apollo Cabin and went to Vivian's bunk.

"Sorry about that song I sang, there. I wanted you to feel better about your day... I guess that I was wrong," Emma said.

"It's ok. It wasn't your song. How can you stand not seeing Leo for, probably, the rest of your life?" Vivian asked Emma.

"I don't really think about him until it's night, because that was when he would show off his power. But I do think about him all day. I miss him already!"

Vivian started to comfort Emma while she started to get teary-eyed.