SOMETHING STRIKING THE CORD OF HIS HEART

The birds chirped and sun shined indicating the arrival of a new day, a new beginning for Arnav, to be precise.

He tried to stretch his arms only to find it being locked with something and not only that, he found something heavy on his chest too.

If he correctly remembers than he didn't sleep with Khushi last night, then how come he feels his arms locked because it used to be Khushi's habit to almost sleep on him rather than their luxurious bed and not to remember the weight on his chest, infact whole of the torso. What about that?

Finally, haulting the thoughts of his much Einstein thoughts and groggily opening the eyes, he looked around the surrounding only to receive the shock of the shockest thing.

His so-called over-grown little brother was sleeping cuddling him with his arms and legs thrown upon his Bhai and hiding his face in his cocoon.

For a moment, he could just drool over his baby brother, his Arjun. How much has he grown and how much the distance between them had grown.

Gritting his teeth angrily, he tried to get up which again made him remember about the unknown weight on his body.

He looked down on his chest only to get a small fake attack to find one of the chickens proudly sleeping on his chest with his saliva slowly dropping and spreading on his Papa's vest.

Making a yuck, sulking face, he threw his head back on the pillow. Never ever he felt so helpless.

If it would have been his might, he would have not cared about the baby and would have kept or rather say thrown on the other side of the bed but then an unknown energy pulled the strings of his heart, not letting him to hurt the baby by any means.

But why the hell he came here and when?

Does Khushi knows about it?

And why the hell this chickens, umm, ohh! He doesnt remember his name even.

Yea, may be Khushav.

Yes, Khushav, he is.

So, yea, why the hell did he sleep on him whole night?

Did he get any other place in this whole two bedroom apartment?

Ugh! Kids rather chickens of him are so irritating.

He was sulking over the fact when he heard Khushi's worried and almost crying voice.

Panicking yet carefully, he kept Khushav beside his Chachu and hurried outside, only to find Maahi and Khushi searching for something or may be someone.

He reached near Khushi and the moment Khushi saw him, she ran into her arms, startling and soothing him at the same time.

He could feel Khushi saying and crying but he was too oblivious. His wife had hugged him, he had felt solacing and living after three years. The heart started beating normally again. He renewed again.

Arnavji, Arnavji, Khushav, Khushav, I can't find him anywhere. My baby, he, Arnavji I want my baby.

He heard Khushi saying this and crying bitterly.

Ohh! So the kids again are the REASON for her tears. But, then, only for them, his wife hugged him.

Moreover, he could not blame anyone. Mother's life exist in their kids. He recalls how his mother still panicks for them.

Running his hands over her hairs, he hugged her more tightly and finally spoke-

Khushi, he is fine, he is in my room, sleeping.