A Fresh Start

For any confusion, King did not die, nor queen, nor Rosetta. The bombing actually happened. Monica dreamt the funeral.

Monica

The uncomfortableness of the hospital bed and the nightmare that was being played in my mind caused me to wake up in a puddle of sweat.

I wiped my forehead and saw Miracle asleep in the chair with her arms tucked inside her dirty shirt that was covered in ashes.

My aching body slowly eased out of the hospital bed. I laid the blanket over Miracle which caused her to stir in her sleep.

"Mama?" She mumbled without opening her eyes.

"Go back to sleep." I whispered running my thumb across her cheek.

My body tensed up hearing screaming followed by a loud violent cry.

Miracle woke all the way up startled. "What was that."

"It's just a patient. Tune it out." I turned the television on.

The screaming became louder and louder. I stepped out the room and looked down the hallway that appeared deserted. The lights flicker and the temperature seemed to drop each second.

The air blew right through my hospital gown. "Damn." I shivered following the screaming that led me to Queen's room. She was shaking and sweating uncontrollably.

Her head turned and looked over at me. "M-Mo?" She managed to say.

I stared down at her thinking so much but not knowing what to say first.

"Ge-get help." She shook.

"Get help?" I laughed. "If I remember correctly aren't you the reason we're all in here?"

The sweat poured from her forehead as her dull eyes stared at me looking pitiful and miserable.

"You. You Queen! You did this shit! You're the reason King is laying in that bed three doors down!" I shouted. Feeling my anger rise I snatched her up and clenched my teeth together. "Listen here, I swear! I swear! If King doesn't even open a damn eye by the end of the week there are gonna be some consequences for you. You did all of this. You destroyed my house and my entire life! When I have done nothing but care for your sorry ass most of your life! And you do this to thank me? I wish the hell I would help you." My grip loosened and her body hit the bed. She continued to shake and cry.

I exited the room and looked further down the hall debating whether I should go to King's room or not .

Making up my mind I made my way down the hall feeling the cold ground as I took each step with my bare feet. My hands touched the door lightly pressing against it. I crept inside and took a seat on the edge of the bed  next to King's still body.

I swallowed hard looking at how messed up he was.

There was a tube leading down his throat that kept him breathing and all types of cords were connected to his chest. Both of his legs were wrapped up in casts as well as his upper body.

I grabbed his hand and sighed. "What do I do now King? Huh? With you like this I can't even think straight." I paused. "I thought I lost you. That had to be the most painful thing to dream. But to wake up and actually see you like this hurts more." I bit my bottom lip trying to stay strong for the sake of him.

"I need you to wake up. I don't know what to do at this point." I admitted. "I'm lost and I need you to help find me. What do I do King? How can I move on with you like this?" I spoke then paused listening to the beeping of the heart monitor.