Bait Baby

King

The door opened and the floor creaked loudly waking me up from my peaceful sleep.

"Miracle go back to bed."

"Its me bro." Nick faintly whispered in my eardrum.

I opened one eye peering up at him and he stood there looking down at me. "What man."

"I had a dream."

"Nigga I know damn well you did not wake me up to tell me you had a dream. Get yo' ass outta here." I semi yelled causing Monica to toss and turn.

Trying not to wake her I eased out of the bed and pushed Nick into the hallway.

"I was having a dream about earlier today man. I can barely sleep. Something's not right." Nick spoke nervously.

"I know you not getting scared now. What happened to the balls you had hours ago."

"I don't know. I got that feeling in my stomach."

"Go take a dump and get it out. Everything's alright bro. We didn't leave nothing behind so they won't find us." I placed my hand on his shoulder reassuring him. "Just go back to bed."

"Alright alright." He walked down the hallway to the guest room and I entered the bedroom and saw Monica in the middle of the bed.

My hands wrapped around her waist and pushed her back on her side. As I got in I kissed her cold forehead and closed my eyes heading back to sleep.

Nick is just worrying for nothing.
*

*

*

Carter

"GoodMorning Officer Mack." The assistant at the front desk handed me a hot cup of coffee along with a glazed donut.

"Morning. Detective Biles in yet?" I questioned stopping in my tracks.

"Yes sir he is. I'll show you the way to the lab." She grinned and pranced in front of me showing off her short skirt that fitted her so tightly.

She led me to the lab that tested any and everything.

"Ah, Officer Mack. I was just about to call you." He informed.

"Well I'm here now. So what we got?" I took a sip of the steaming hot coffee that burned my tongue a little.

"So we got the sandwich tested for DNA early this morning. At first we were a little confused." He began.

"Mhm yea. Get to it."

"We found who it belongs to."

"Alright so what we waiting for man." I bit into my donut. "Let's file a arrest report and-"

"But here's the catch. The person who the DNA belongs to died years ago."

I sat my cup down and furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

"I know. It doesn't make any sense. Which is why we're opening up a case. Obviously the person isn't dead. And you know what that means?" He looked up at me. "We could send him to jail not only for trespassing but for faking a death."

I scratched at my beard trying to process everything the detective was telling me.

"We have Officer Kenneth on the case." He flipped through the files.

"No." I stepped up. "Let me handle this one."

"Are you sure?" Detective biles questioned.

"Yea I got it. Shouldn't be that hard. Who did you say the DNA belongs to?"