Oh Baby

Monica

"I'm pretty impressed with some of the test grades, as for others not so much." I passed out the test papers.

"When we return on Monday we will begin the next chapter." The bell rung and everyone stood up.

"On your way out make sure to drop all homework into the bin! If it's not there I'm not grading any late papers!" I yelled over the all the talking.

When my room was empty Miracle walked in.

"Hey pooh. I'm leaving so we can't spend lunch together."

"Where you going?"

"None of your business girl."

"Hopefully to get you some new shoes because they are two sizes to small." She looked down at my swollen feet squished inside my heels.

"Ha ha very funny. I have a doctors appointment."

"For what? You don't look sick."

"You don't have to be sick to go to the doctors. Just going for a monthly check up."

"Mmm okay. Before you go can I have a couple bucks?"

I pulled out a wrinkled ten and handed it over.

"Oh yea. You'll still be coming to the game to see me perform right?"

I forgot all about the football game tonight. The way I'm feeling right now a game was the last thing on my mind but it was the biggest game of the season and I couldn't let her down.

"Yea baby girl of course."

"Good." She kissed my cheek. "Bye ma." I watched as she skipped away with her group of friends.

I left worksheets on my desk for the substitute that was taking over for the rest of the day then grabbed my purse walking out the classroom.

I exited the school getting inside my truck. As I pulled out the parking lot I began to get nervous worrying about the news the doctor would bring to me.

King

"And I told her ass I wasn't taking care of shit." The men in the barbershop cracked jokes.

I chuckled to myself and shook my head listening to them.

Nick paced the shop on the phone with Morgan. "Listen Morg on some serious shit cornbread and milk is the bomb." Nick babbled getting off topic. He was suppose to be finding Mo and it doesn't seem like that's what he's doing.

I cleared my throat. "Aye Ni- I mean Mike."

Nick looked my way.

"Stay on topic fool. Ask her where Monica is."

"Oh yea. We'll talk about that later. You know where Mo is though." He stopped and waited for Morgan's response. "Yea...oh okay...yea yea...Alright thanks sis. Stay strong in there. Much love." He hung up his phone and opened a bag of chips.

"So?"

"So what?" He munched on the Doritos.

"Where is she Nigga damn!" I yelled. His attention span is short like a two year old.

"Oh! She's back in Chicago."

"Chicago!?"

"Yea Morg didn't tell me why. But she did tell me the address and where she worked."

"She happened to tell you why I woke up in the hospital?"

"Nope."

The barber dusted my neck off and removed the cape. I handed him the amount I owned along with a tip. "Preciate' it." I stood up brushing off my clothes.