On A Roll

(Morgan, CJ, Miracle)

Monica

"Uncle Nick! Stop! I just got my hair done!" Miracle screamed and kick her feet as Nick threw her inside the pool causing water to go everywhere.

"Ughhh!" Miracle screamed coming up swinging her long braids and wiping her face.

"Nick stop it." I told him and hit him over the head with the magazine in my hands.

Miracle splashed water in his face with a attitude while Jr and Nick dapped each other up laughing.

"Y'all play to much." Morgan said sitting on the edge of the pool with her feet hanging.

We were chilling out behind the resort at the huge pool. There was a swirly slide that led into the pool and a diving board above it. There was also a bar behind us that served all types of fruity drinks and tropical snacks.

"You getting in?" King asked bringing me a hot towel.

"Nope." I told him and put the towel over my eyes.

"Party pooper." Morgan came over wringing out her hair. She took a seat next to me and began drinking a margarita.

"I do not have time for my hair to be getting wet." I fanned myself.

Morgan laughed. "Tell me a little bit about Carter." She slurped the drink.

"Not a lot to tell. He just another one of those stuck up ass cops who think they can go around doing any everything just because they can."

"Mmm." I heard her say. "So how long you been knowing him?"

"A year or so."

"And you having his baby already? Mm." She said throwing shade.

"Don't judge me okay. I just testing the waters and made a mistake."

"Okay girl if you say so."

We got quiet. All you could here were the birds chirping and laughter coming from the pool. Morgan broke the peaceful silence by slurping the last of her drink.

"So what's the plan?"

"Plan?" I took the towel from eyes and looked at her.

"Yea. King was telling me something about a plan earlier."

"It's not really a plan. It's just a simple deal to keep Nick outta the pin."

"What's the deal?" Morgan asked sitting criss crossed facing me in the lawn chair.

"I attend the banquet and the case is dropped."

Morgan started laughing and slapped her knee. I looked at her confused. What was so funny? "I'm sorry did I miss something?"

"Come on Mo be serious what's the deal?"

"I just told you Morg. After attending the banquet he'll get a promotion and we're free."

Her face got straight and she looked concerned. "Mo really? You know damn well there's a catch to that."

"No no no." I assured her. "It might  sound far fetched but trust me it's gonna work out."

"I don't know about this Monica. Shit just seems to good to be true."

"Listen I told Carter if he tries to screw me over I will keep his child away from him."

"Oh please. You think he cares about that baby? If he cared he wouldn't have let you travel all the way across the country with all your complications. If he cared he wouldn't be letting King play stepdaddy."