Caught Between A Rock, And A Hard Place

(Nick)

King

"You see her?" Nick asked looking around at the packed stadium.

"Nah. You sure this the right school?" I questioned not spotting Monica anywhere.

All of sudden I was pushed to the ground by some girl.

"I missed you so much!" She yelled and cried hugging me.

I looked up at Nick and he shrugged. "You been messing with some high school chick?" He asked.

I swear he so damn dumb.

"Dad I can't believe this." The girl said as I got up from the ground.

"Dad!?" Me and Nick said at the same time.

I looked at her face and a dart shot straight through my heart. "Miracle?" I asked and she smiled. Her face had changed so much. She wore makeup and her skin flowed. Her hair had got longer and she had got taller. This wasn't my little princess anymore. She had grown from a little weed to a beautiful flower.

I hugged her tightly feeling a lump in my throat. This is really real.

"King." I saw Monica walking toward me with tears running down her face.

"Damn. I guess ain't nobody worried about me. I know y'all thought I was dead but a nigga clearly standing right here."

Monica's head turned looking at Nick. Her mouth dropped along with her body.

"Damnit Nick." I bent down shaking her lightly.

"Why she passed out like she seen a ghost." Nick said fanning her.

"Shut the hell up! Don't say nothing else." I picked Monica's body up and carried her to the car. Miracle brought a water bottle and I dashed the water onto her face.

Five minutes later her eyes fluttered open and when she saw Nick she began screaming loudly and breathing heavily.

"Mo calm down."

"Who-" she said panting and pointing at Nick.

"Chill out. You gone mess around and pass out again. We gone explain everything. But right now I need you to keep it cool and relax. I know shit ain't adding up right now but it will." I helped her to her feet and walked her over to her truck.

"Are you okay to drive?"

She nodded slowly. "We'll follow you to your crib."

Monica

While driving on the highway my soul seemed to leave my body.

This was entirely too much for me to handle and it was too much going on. I'm pregnant, King's here as well as this person that looks exactly like Nick. Not to mention I still have to deal with Carter. I felt like I was about to explode at any given moment. My chest pounded and my stomach felt like it was being stabbed with a thousand knives.

"Ma you okay?" Miracle turned the air on and handed me a water bottle.

"Listen." I stepped on my breaks coming to a red light. "Do not, I repeat, do not bring up Carter. Understood?"

"You know I'm not. I gotchu girl."

I sighed and looked in my review mirror at King. Lord knows I'm happy that he's up. I just wish I would've prepared sooner. I guess I never thought I'd see this day.

We finally made it to my house. While Miracle got out I still sat in the drivers seat trying to control my racing thoughts and heart.

"Breath Mo. Calm down. Just relax." I tried to tell myself but nothing seemed to work. My legs and hands shook rapidly and I was having trouble breathing.