Bringing The Bacon Home

Monica

The alarm on my phone alerted me that it was time to get up and get ready.

I rolled over facing my nightstand and grabbed my phone silencing he alarm. I stepped out of bed and pulled the curtains open allowing the morning glow to shine through the windows.

"What time is it." King asked with his face still buried in the pillow.

"Almost six."

"Why are you up."

"I have work." I sighed and walked inside the bathroom turning on the shower.

While it heated up I put a cleansing mask over my face and removed my clothes. I pulled my hair up and placed a shower cap over my head. After stepping into the warm shower I heard King come inside the bathroom.

"What you got planned for today?" King asked lifting the toilet seat up.

"Work. That's all." I poured soap on my towel and began to wash up.

"Mm." He said handling his business.

I thought about informing him about Rosetta but I figured now isn't the time since we both are under a lot and that wouldn't do anything except add to the flames.

"You hear me?" King flushed the toilet and went over to the sink washing his hands.

"What did you say?"

"I said you need to go ahead and meet with Carter. Get things started. I want him gone as soon as possible. He's the only one making this situation more than what it is."

"You can't rush things King. That's your problem now."

"Well it's gonna become an even bigger problem if we don't make moves soon."

I rinsed my body off and got out the shower covering myself with my towel. I went over to the sink and rinsed my face off using my soft face towel.

"I understand that but do you realize this is a dangerous game that we're playing here."

King sighed. "Yes But-"

"No buts." I hung the towel back up and applied toothpaste onto my toothbrush.

He dragged himself back into the bedroom while I continued my morning routine.

"Aye Mo. Whats this?" King entered the bathroom once again with the letter from Morgan in his hands.

Damnit.

"A letter." I stated the obvious.

"You weren't going to tell me about it?" He raised his bushy eyebrows.

"I was." I took my hair down from the pony tail and began to detangle it. "It's not anything serious."

"This IS some serious shit Mo. I thought Rosetta was dead. If I remember correctly I busted her brains out."

"But she survived with the help of doctors." I explained. "King we don't need to be worried about her alright?"

"That's what you think. You don't know her."