Playing It Safe

Monica

"Hold it still King."

"Man hurry up. You taking to long."

"It's to big."

My eyes slowly opened seeing the white clouds out of the small window.

"Ow!"

I turned my head seeing CJ and Miracle knocked out and the rest of the group at the table fooling around with some tools.

"What are you guys doing?" I yawned and carefully got up holding onto the seats as I made my way over to see what was going on.

"We're trying to make a ear piece. One of the guards at the jail taught me how to make one." Morgan said holding a screw driver. All of a sudden she got shocked. "Ouch." She held her finger. "This isn't working."

"Here let me try it." Nick said grabbing the screw driver out of Morgan's hands. King held it down while he tried to screw the pieces together.

"What is that for."

"It's for you." King gave me a smirk.

"I'm not putting that shit in my ear." I looked at him like he was crazy. "Besides isn't that what you got the earrings for."

"The earrings are just a camera and a device that lets us hear you." King explained.

"But we need you to be able to hear us as well." Morgan smiled.

"Y'all are not the damn FBI. Sit down somewhere."

"This is something serious Mo. If something goes down we need to be able to get to you without you sending a text or calling."

I sighed and watched Nick closely as he pushed a wire inside the plastic oval shaped thing.

"And there we go." He held it up.

"Wow. I can't believe you did it."

"Aye man. I may say some off the wall stuff but I'm not dumb."

"Test it out Mo." Morgan said.

I was hesitant at first but I slowly put it inside my ear making it stick to the side.

"Can you hear me?" Morgan said into a walkie talkie across the room.

"Not at all." I removed it from my ear.

"Hmm. I may not be smart after all." Nick shrugged and took a seat.

"Damnit." Morgan said to herself and sighed picking it up.

We felt the jet come to a sudden stop causing us to jerk forward. I would've fallen flat on my stomach if King didn't catch me in time.

"We landed." Morgan looked out the window seeing we on land. She went to the back and began to collect the bags.

"You good?" King asked grabbing my hand.

"Yea." I fixed my dress.

The door opened and the steps were let down.

"Thanks again Richie." Morgan blew the middle aged man a kiss.

"No problem any time for you."