Part 29

Camila's POV

It took me half a year until Tommy and I were even. 6 Months lots of sex and broken bones but I did it. Chris was free and I should be happy it was over but it wasn't. It's been 3 years since the last time I had survived Tommy's tortures but it wasn't the same. I thought I changed but it seems like I was the only one that hadn't changed. My sister just started first grade and 90% of the time she was busy with her friends. My parents still fought but they didn't just fight they abandoned me they didn't care about me anymore like they used to. I wasn't the sick cancer child anymore I was now the broken addict to them but they don't know anything. I walked around with bruises but they looked away. If they even were home at all. Sofi didn't have parents she had me I was her mom that's it. Hotels were now the home of my parents instead of their family home they didn't care anymore.

My friends grew up Ally and Lauren were going to graduate in a few months. But I didn't see either one of them out of school anymore. My place at their lunch table was replaced by a girl named Ariana and I didn't get anything but a smile and a small wave from any of them. Normani and Dinah were too busy doing other things to even answer my calls and neither Demi or Selena had enough breath to talk after their hour long make out sessions.

So I did what I could do best eat by myself in the girls bathroom. Every now and then a girl named Alex wanted me to join her but I knew she didn't care about me. She was a new student that had just came out and wanted to experience the new gay life with me but my heart belonged to the girl with the long brown hair and the piercing green eyes who no longer had time to even properly look at me. But my heart didn't mind I lost it to her and she was holding it in her hand slowly letting it dry out.

Lauren's POV

I saw Camila walk out with her tray of food another lunch she spent inside the ladies bathroom. I quietly watched her repeat the same things day by day. She got inside the cafeteria looked around grabbed a tray of food and walked to the ladies bathroom. It hurt seeing her all by herself she was broken I could see it in her eyes. It wasn't the type of broken where she was upset for a bit and then got better again. Nope it was the type of broken I was ever since she cheated on me. It's been a long time but once you fell in a whole as deep as mine it was impossible to get back out by yourself. As much as I wanted to hold her in my arms and be there for her I couldn't. She was toxic once I would hold her in my arms I was addicted and besides my own health I didn't have time for anything else. I looked at my friends and couldn't help but smile I was so lucky to have them.

"Why won't we let Camila sit with us tomorrow guys"

"Dawg you forgive that girl too fast" Dinah mumbled with her full mouth.

"There's no reason for us to have to forgive her she didn't do anything plus she's in this mess because of me I owe her"

"Yeah you owe her Laure we don't"

"What's your problem with her Ally"

"She wasn't really a good friend to us in the last months Laure I don't need friends like her"

"Come on Ally don't be like that she protected us" Demi now stated. "You know she only wanted the best for us we would've all been in trouble if it wasn't for her."

"Fine she can join us but you fix things with her tonight I don't want to have some awkward silence at lunch"

"Thanks Allycat" I kissed her cheek.

"See you tomorrow guys I gotta go home quickly tonight my dad is finally bringing his new girlfriend home so I gotta cook something nice"

"Good luck tonight Laur" they yelled making everyone in the cafeteria turn around to stare at us.

"Keep it down guys" I whispered covering up my red cheeks and walking to my next period.

...

It was 6pm I stared at my phone screen waiting until my fingers finally touch the screen and dial her number but they didn't. The lasagna I had cooked was in the oven and I had another hour time until my dad and his girlfriend would come home for dinner. I heard Taylor go take a shower and chris was playing guitar so I decided I'd finally phone Camila.

"Hello" a nervous voice responded.

"Hi Camz it's me Lauren"

"Yeah I know whose there my phone kinda has this thingy that tells me who's calling you know"

"Oh yeah of course okay yeah right" get your shit together I whispered to myself.

"So I was calling because I wanted to talk to you and thank you for everything you did and yeah"

"Yeah well it's not such a big thing"

"It is a big thing camila he took drugs and he couldn't get away from tommy until you came. You saved his life camz he webt to rehab and he's clean now. We are finally all a family acain and we ow that all to you"

"Well yeah is that all you wanted to say because I have homework to do"

"Oh sorry I didn't wanna disturb you camz but one last thing"

"what's that"

"Do you wanna eat lunch with us tomorrow I know you always eat alone and we haven't been the best friends to you but we're sorry for that"

"I don't know if that's a good idea lauren"

"Why wouldn't it be"

"Well you guys don't seem to care about me so you guys don't need to pretend to that's just awkward and Ally hates awkward but thanks I'm good by myself Lauren"

"oh okay well if you change your mind..."

"I won't, bye lauren"

"By...." I was about to say bye but Camila had already hung up. I immediately called Dinah.

"Dinah you won't believe what just happened"

"What's going on Laure?"

"Camila totally blocked me out she didn't want to sit with us tomorrow she was all i-don't-care-about-you ish why is she like that"

"Well you didn't contact her in half a year Laure what did you expect her to wait for you to come back"

"Don't you dare blame that all on me Dinah you guys didn't want her to eat with us"

"Yeah because we wanted to protect you Laure we thought it'd hurt you to have her eat with us"

"Well help me fix it Dinah" I heard the doorbell ring so said bye and ran downstairs.

My dad was half an hour early that is quite unusual I thought. I opened the door and Ariana was outside.

"Ariana? What are you doing here?"

"I like you lauren I mean I really like you Lauren the kind of way that I think about kissing you 90% of the day now I know this might surprise you but I can't stop thinking about you"

"Lauren?"

"....."

"Say something Laure it's okay if you don't feel the same just say something" She walked up to me only centimeters infront of me she stopped before she closed the gap by locking our lips.

I should've said something but I couldn't her lips felt so soft on mine. I should've stopped her but I didn't.

Completely out of breath she stopped the kiss.

"Say something Laure"

"I'm sorry Ariana I can't I like someone else" I closed the door behind me and ran up to my room tears running down my face it was a simple kiss it shouldn't have made me this upset yet every touch reminded me of her and every single second was a second i didn't spend with her.

OH MY SO NOW THERE'S ARIANA CAUSING DRAMA TOO..... we're close to the end of this fic there's a sequal tho i felt like i had to make it into a sequal just because the storyline was quite different but i hope you guys are gonna like it...