Chapter 1

A/N There may not be a video for every chapter any more but let me know if y'all want that and I can make something happen.

Quinn (Flashback, 3 years ago)

"Happy Sweet Sixteen honey bunny." My mom said cheerfully as I walked into the room.

The table was set with all my favorite foods and all my favorite people.

"Happy Birthday." My sister said, punching my shoulder. "That was your first birthday lick."

"It didn't even hurt." I said and she scoffed.

As soon as she looked away I rubbed my arm, trying to soothe the pain.

"Come and eat breakfast." My dad said. "You don't want to be late."

I sat down beside my mom and she placed a plate of waffles in front of me.

Today is the day I find my mate. Everyone finds their mate when they turn sixteen. Except for a few unlucky people. Like the Alpha.

I smiled at the thought not having to worry about his eyes following me down the hallway every time I walk past.

I can freely roam the pack house without having to find every possible route to avoid him and his flirtations.

"I'm finished. Bye." I said. I put my plate in the sink and ran out the door.

I stepped onto the curb just as my best friend's red jeep pulled up in front of me.

"Hey, hey birthday girl." Violet said.

"Hey yourself. Let's go. I don't want to miss a thing." I said, jumping into the passenger seat.

She stepped on the gas and we went zooming down the road to       
Crest Central high school.

As soon as I stepped out of the truck I inhaled deeply.

The first step is to find your mate's scent. It should be really attractive to all your senses and it should stand out to you.

But none of the things I smelled were like that.

I looked at Violet and she rolled her eyes. "They're probably inside the school, silly girl."

"Oh, right." I had completely forgotten about the school. "Let's go."

We walked side by side into the school.

As the day began I noticed that I didn't smell anything special in any of my morning classes.

By lunch I was on edge.

But the day ended and still no sign of my mate.

I slammed my locker and started walking in the direction of Violet's locker when my path was blocked altogether.

"Happy Birthday Quinn." He said, flashing me a bright smile.

"Thank you Alpha." I said walking around him.

He got in my way again. "Have you found your mate yet?"

"Yes." I lied, hoping he would leave me alone.

"You're lying to me." His dark eyes swirled. "You know if you don't find your mate, you'd be eligible for courtship and by that I mean me and you are getting married."

"You and I would have been the correct way to say that." I said. "And don't worry yourself. I'll find my mate."

"That's nice. When you don't though, call me." He said and allowed me to pass.