Chapter 45

Everett

'Now that they are with child we must take precaution. I could create a barrier t-'

'Wait. A barrier for what?' I asked.

'To protect them. The prophecy states-'

'We have a prophecy?' I asked. 'That's cool.'

He growled lowly. 'The prophecy stated that the child must be born safely. If anything should happen to them that would hurt the infant our world could fall apart.'

'So how do you create this barrier?' I asked.

'Another story for another day.' He said simply. 'Let's pay attention.'

**********

Quinn

'Our mate seems to be struggling.' Leia said.

We watched through her eyes as Everett stood in front of us.

"I really don't see how this is helping." He said and walked in a circle again. "This is pointless."

'Well maybe you should actually try this time.' Leia snapped.

Everett growled then. "Don't you get snippy with me. We are trying."

'Ok. Alright. That's enough.' I came between them.' I shifted back into myself, crouching.

Everett watched curiosly. "So everytime you get back to...Quinn's body...you'll be naked?"

"Yes." I said. "Which is why we carry extra clothes most of the time. One more try and we're going back inside."

It was two o'clock. In the morning.

He's the only person who's ever gotten me up this early without getting punched in the face.

"Ok." He said. "Go over it again."

"Envision your wolf clearly right now, nothing else." I said. "Then shift."

I stepped away and he started to shake.

Glimmering silver fur began to sprout all over his body and he crouched over, panicking.

"Calm down. I told you it would hurt." I said.

He grew ears, a long tail and four huge paws.

It was actually kind of amazing to watch.

He collapsed, taking heavy breaths.

'He says that was awesome.' Leia said.

"About time too." I sniffed and we shifted.

'How come hers doesn't hurt?' I heard Everett ask and then, 'She can hear me? Can you hear me?'

'Yes Everett. It's called a mind link.' I said. 'Get up.'

He was throwing question after question at me as he wobbled unsteadily to his feet.

He tried to take a step forward and fell on his snout.

I snickered. 'Come on. You got this.'