Chapter 8

Quinn

I lay in my bed that night, both Leia and I trapped in an uncomfortable, unescapable silence.

Not because of the sounds we heard from down the hall in Violet's room.

Not because we knew the Alpha was just outside, on the verge of simply forcing himself on me and getting me to submit to him.

We could hear his wolf's rage through our mind link. We could also see what he was thinking. It was not pretty. A lot of them featured me.

'Rest child. Tomorrow we get up early and find our mate. I'll go insane if that Alpha touches us again.' Leia said.

'Leia?' I asked.

'Let it out child. We are alone now.' She said and fell silent.

Tears slipped down my cheeks one after another, they wouldn't stop.

No matter how hard I tried to avoid it, my sobs got louder.

I smothered them in my pillow.

I almost gave myself up.

Five years ago I went to a party and got wasted. So did the Alpha. We spent that night together and I lost my virtue.

River kicked his ass the next day.

The guy's like a brother to me.

Chance has been chasing me ever since then.

I cried harder and heard my door open.

Something was laid down next to me and a pair of arms wrapped around me.

"Thanks babe." I heard Violet said.

I'm guessing River nodded or something because he didn't reply.

The door closed and Violet tucked herself in next to me.

She waited until I had calmed down.

I hiccupped. "Thanks V."

"It's ok. This is my duty as a best friend." She said, yawning. "I hope you don't mind if I stay in here for the night. I'm already too sore to walk and River wants another round."

"Eww. TMI." I said.

"I'm serious though. He carried me in here." She said.

I laughed. "Thanks best friend."

"You're welcome girl. Now go to sleep."

The next morning I was up before everyone else and walked into the kitchen to see the Alpha making himself a cup of coffee. "Good morning Quinn. Did you have fun last night?"

I looked away, blushing. I had tried not to be loud, but I forgot that wolves have super hearing.

I grabbed an apple and walked out the door.

Of course he followed me. "You know, my wolf and I aren't too upset with you."

"I don't care, have a blessed day." I said.

I walked past Violet's jeep, River's Range Rover and his Mercedes.

"Where are you going? Do you need a ride?" He asked.

"No. Leave me alone." I said.

"I heard you yesterday, toying with yourself to try and get rid of the feeling I gave you." He said. "Your moaning was torture and it made my wolf and I hunger for you."

"You don't say?" I said. "How long are you going to be here?"

"Just today. I had to see you." He said. "I should be leaving now."

"Then leave." I said, walking off.

He grabbed me, throwing me against side of his Mercedes.

He held me there. "Don't ever disrespect me again."

His hazel eyes glowed with anger. "Let me speak to her."

I knew in an instant that this was not Chance. This was his wolf, Knight, and he wanted to talk to Leia.

'Leia?' I asked.

'I will not speak to that imbecile.' She said.

"She doesn't want to talk to you." I said.

He raised hand and I braced myself.

But I didn't feel anything.

I opened my eyes to see River holding the Alpha's wrist in his iron grip.

Violet watched from the window.

"She said don't touch her. I said don't touch her." River said. "Were we not clear?"

His eyes changed, Knight was giving him control again. He blinked at River, unaffected. "Be a good little brother and unhand me."

River's eyes started to change and I could see his teeth getting bigger, the fur beginning to poke out of the skin of her wrist. "I am not your brother."

"Hey." I rubbed his shoulder. "Calm down."

He looked at me, pupils dilating as he tried to maintain control.

"He's not worth it. Please. Go be with Violet." I reasoned him. "She's right there. Walk away."

He gave Chance's wrist a squeeze and he grimaced.

"Go ahead and listen to her. We know you've got a weak spot for women already." The Alpha said, rolling his eyes.

River flexed and a loud snap sounded.

Chance let out a deep breath as River released his now broken wrist.

It hung at his side for a second before starting to repair itself.

"River, go." I asked again.

He looked at me sideways, eyes now a sterling silver.

"Please." I said.

He cast one last look at our Alpha before stomping off back towards the house.

Now I looked at Chance. "How dare you?"

"What did I do?" He asked.

"How dare you bring your bullshit into our home?" I asked. "Leave. You and your wolf are no longer welcome here."

Four years ago River and Chance had been brothers.

Twins.

But River found his mate. But their father had some problems with their family and didn't approve.

River couldn't be without her so he cut his father off.

He has to make his own money.

He has to hold his own.

And of course Chance was chosen to be Alpha when their father stepped down, though River is the oldest.

They even told the whole pack that River was the youngest so they wouldn't look bad.

Chance takes every chance he can get to rub it in.

River doesn't care. As long as he's with Violet.

Chance shook his head. "Baby, be reasonable."

"I'm not your baby." I said through my teeth. "Stop calling me that. Leave."

He grabbed my face, holding me still. "You've been thinking about someone else. I don't like that."

"You don't have to." I said.

He laughed. Then he got in his Mercedes and simply drove off.

Just like that.

******

Sorry y'all. I didn't have time to put this one out yesterday.

Leah💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋