Chapter 47

Quinn

There was an eerie silence throughout the home that night.

While Skylar and June slept on the  couch and Samantha in her crib, River, Violet and I were in my room trying to figure out what to do.

"Even with Everett we can't all go. We can't leave the kids alone." I pointed out. "Who's to say he won't come after them?"

"I dare him." River said. "Chance is bold but I have one thing he doesn't. Pure Alpha blood."

Chance wasn't the first born so River got the Alpha genes. Second born, sons especially, tend to get the weaker genes.

River would inherit the looks, the size and powerful tones while Chance would just have the looks.

He would remain the same size as everyone else's wolf, which is why  instead of shifting he uses others for transportation. To maintain the lie.

"Alright. So who's going to stay with the kids?" Violet asked. "River it can't be you. We all know this'll come down to a fight if push comes to shove."

River and I looked at each other.

"I'm going." I said. "And so is Everett."

"But taking him is pointless." River said. "He's untrained."

"His wolf isn't. You're acting like he can't learn just like the rest of us." I retorted.

"Quinn your Mom could literally die in the time it would take to train him." Violet pointed out.

"But he gives us the advantage with his size and strength." I said. "And what if we need to split up?"

"Bunker."

We all turned towards the door. In the heat of the argument none of us had noticed June standing in the doorway.

"Bunker?" I asked.

June was very anti social. She wouldn't talk unless she had to and even then she only spoke to most family members.

She hardly ever talks to River though, she can't stand to be alone with him, let alone make direct eye contact with him.

She knew this was serious, she wouldn't have volunteered information otherwise.

"Grandma's Bunker." She nodded.

"Your Grandma has a bunker?" Violet asked. "For what?"

"I didn't know she had one." I shrugged, turning to June. "Do you know where it is?"

She nodded, turning and walking down the hallway.

Violet nudged River and I after June. "I'll stay and watch Samantha. You two keep her safe."

River nodded and motioned for me to walk beside June, who was waiting for us at the back door.

Once outside, she didn't shift. She just kept walking.

"June." I took her hand. "Exactly where are we going?"

"North, twenty-two and East, thirty-seven." She said lowly. "I saw the coordinates on a tree fifty miles from her home. At the top, where you have to climb to see."

"So how do you know they're for a bunker?" River asked.

"I don't." She said. "But desperate times call for observant children. And they have to lead somewhere."

*******

We had walked forever or so it seemed. I was losing energy faster because Leia was putting all of hers into protecting the baby.