Chapter 10

Quinn

"No." I said.

"Yes." Violet said.

"No!" I screamed at her.

"Yes!" She yelled back.

"Violet, please." I begged her.

"Quinn, she's one person." Violet sighed. "How bad could it be to have friends?"

"I have you and Leia. I'm good." I said.

"You're antisocial." She said.

"No I'm not." I said.

"Prove it." She muttered before turning to the girl. "Hi, I'm Violet."

"Caroline." She said, smiling and shaking Violet's hand. "The new wolves I assume?"

Violet and I looked at each other.

"It's ok." She said holding out her wrist.

Violet and I examined her pack tattoo.

"Someone came by yesterday and told us to expect you." She explained.

"There are more wolves here?" I asked.

"Of course." She said.

"That doesn't make sense." I said.

"Unfortunately some enemies attend this school too so we use an elixir to mask our scents." She said. "Fortunately our packs are allies."

She handed both us a small purple bottle. "Pour just a drop in your bath water and it should last a week. The entire bottle should last you three months."

"Thanks." I said, sticking the bottle in my pocket.

"I don't believe I've had the pleasure of knowing your name yet." She said.

"Oh, I'm Quinn." I said, glad to meet another wolf.

"Nice to meet you both." She said. "Enjoy your time at Elmhurst and may our packs always be allies."

We walked away and Violet looped our arms together.

"I told you." She said.

"Whatever. We need to go shopping." I said.

"No kidding. We've been living off of cereal." She laughed.

"Clothes too." I said. "And some baby stuff."

"True. I can't wait until River comes back." She said.

"Excuse me. Are you ladies interested in joining the Elmhurst college fashion extravaganza?"

I looked around for the source of the voice and a boy waved at me.

'Human.' Leia said.

"I'm sorry. I should've started off with an introduction. My name is Ethan." He held out his hand to me.

I shook it. "Quinn. This is Violet."

"As I was saying, I couldn't just let two stunning young women, such as yourselves, pass by without telling you about our show." He said cheerfully, handing us each a pamphlet. "It's just something a few of us came up with. All the money we earn goes towards saving wildlife."

Violet cleared her throat, giving me her puppy eyes.

I rolled my eyes. "Where can we sign up?"

"Right here." He smiled, handing me a clipboard.

I signed my name and handed it to Violet so that she could sign too.

"So what type of clothes would we be modeling?" I asked.

He reached behind his back and pulled out a notebook. "Here are a few samples. A friend of mine majors in fashion and design and took this as an opportunity to showcase her work."

I flipped through the designs.

They were actually pretty good.

I can do this.

"So how will we know when it is?" I asked.

"Oh we're having a meeting during lunch to discuss the details. You can meet Amber there." He said.

"Ok. We'll see you at lunch." I said and we walked away.

"Now when River asks who's idea it was I can blame it on you." Violet said.

"Whatever." I said.

"Don't be like that." She said.

"Be like what?" I asked. "I just didn't care either way."

"Damn." She said. "I got you a gift."

"For what?" I asked.

"Your belated birthday. Duh." She said.

"What is it?" I asked.

She walked around her jeep to get in the driver's seat. "The better question would be, Where is it."

I looked at her questioningly but climbed into the car. "Will you use it against me?"

"No. That's a promise to you as your best friend." She said. "Besides it's legally yours, I just paid for it,"

"Then let's go!" I said.

She laughed, pulling out of the parking space.

*******

This'll probably be the shortest chapter in this book aside from previews. I'm sorry it took so long.
Still love you all.
Leah💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋