Chapter 41

Quinn

Sometime between him placing his lips on mine and me wrapping my legs around his waist, my back hit his bed. Then my phone rang.

I reached for it and he stopped me. "Leave it."

"I can't. What if it's my Mom?" I asked.

"She's alright for the time being." He said, biting my skin.

"Everett please." I moaned.

He sat up, allowing me to grab my phone. "It's my Mom. Relax."

I picked up and she was frantic. "Sweetheart when were you planning to come home?"

Everett started to sensually kiss my stomach, swirling his tongue and whispering against it.

I bit my lip.

"Quinn? Did you hear me?" She asked.

"Mom I can't really talk right now." I said. "Can I call you back later."

There was static on the other end and the audio started going in and out.

"Mom?" I asked.

"Don't...come....home." Then it was clear.

Chance was watching my family. He must've tapped our house phones.

She was trying to send me a mesaage. Pressing the mute button until it was spelled out.

It's a trap.

"Yeah. I heard you Mom." I said. "Are you ok?"

"Oh we're fine." She said and then in a whisper. "For the time being."

The audio started to go out again.

"We'll...leave...don't....call."

"Alright Mom." I said. "Stay safe. These woods aren't what they used to be."

"I know. Goodbye now." She said and hung up.

It felt good knowing that my family was on the move but they were safe.

I knew they'd take only a change of clothes and go find my grandmother. She was a infamous rouge when I was little.

She too had been exiled for having a human mate but she stayed close by and trusted us with her secret.

Until she outlived him, she disappeared after that.

I looked down at Everett who's lips were slowly making their way downward. "Everett. What are you doing?"

"Easing your troubles." He said.

**********

After we were done I felt like happy days were finally here to stay.

He sat up and looked down at me.

It wasn't condescending but I couldn't put my finger on it.

He gently grabbed my knees and opened my legs.

"What are you doing now?" I tried to shut my legs.

"You smell really good. I never noticed." He held tight, his eyes flared. "Do you know how many times I've seen you naked? And you're still trying to hide yourself from me?"

"It's nothing personal." I said. "It's an instinct."

"Does my admiring your body embarrass you?" He asked.

"No." I said and his fingers ran up my thighs.

"Good. I'll be doing it a lot." He said.

I sighed. "So what do I smell like?"