VI. LATE BLOOMERS

' late bloomers '

' late bloomers '

"Why haven't we had sex yet?"

Harper choked on the cookie that she was eating, her eyes watering as she coughed awkwardly. She wiped any crumbs off of her lips, turning around to face Stiles, who was bouncing up and down on the spot nervously. His hands were clasped in front of him, his slender fingers fidgeting with each other.

"Oh, hi, Stiles. How was your run?" Harper replied sarcastically, despite feeling like she was dying inside.

Embarrassment was drowning her as Stiles shot her a look, telling her that he was being deadly serious. She looked around, making sure that no other students were listening in on them. She saw Scott and Isaac down the hall, and Isaac raised an eyebrow at her, indicating that he had heard them. Stupid werewolf hearing.

The brunette reached forwards, grabbing her boyfriend's arm, "fine, you wanna talk? Come on then," she pulled him into an empty English classroom nearby, waiting until he was all the way inside before silently shutting the door behind her.

It was Stiles' turn for his face to turn red, and he began to scratch the back of his neck. He smiled at her nervously, his movements awkward as he pointed between the two of them.

"Oh, you wanna- right now? Here?" He spluttered, before Harper cut him off.

"No, Stiles!" She cried, her hand going to her forehead as she struggled to comprehend what he had even been thinking, "I just didn't want anyone listening to us. It's a pretty private conversation you know."

Stiles nodded, "ah, makes sense."

Harper just groaned loudly.

"I just- ever since the whole virgin sacrifice thing, I just started thinking about how I was a virgin too. And then Scott and Isaac said some stuff in the locker rooms, that they couldn't believe we hadn't had sex, since we have been going out for a year next week and all. And I realised that they were kind of right. Normally high school couples have sex within the first few weeks. Is it me? Don't you want to do it with me?" Stiles explained quickly.

Harper was silent for a few moments, thinking over what Stiles had just said to her. Her silence caused the Stilinski boy to panic, and he bit down on his bottom lip, watching her with knitted eyebrows.

"Please say something," he mumbled.

The Empath's brown eyes met with his hazel ones and she chuckled, taking a step forwards so there was practically no room between them. Stiles made an inhuman noise in the back of his throat, looking down at her as she moved to wrap her arms around his neck. He took this as a sign to place his hands on her hips.

"I don't know what to say," she admitted quietly, "it's not that..." Harper paused for a second, her cheeks tinting red again, "it's not that I don't want to. We did spend four months away from each other, and the first few months we were dealing with all of the supernatural crap."