XXIX. WHERE'S STILES?

Something was wrong.

Harper knew it as soon as she woke up. Beacon Hills was still cloaked in darkness, the moonlight shining through her open window and casting shadows across her bedroom. She had woken up abruptly, a tight feeling in her chest and one name repeating itself over and over in her head: Stiles.

Automatically her hand snapped out to grab her phone off of the bedside table, freezing when she heard hushed whispers outside of her door. She couldn't make them out properly, only realising that it was Scott and Isaac a few seconds later.

"It feels wrong keeping it from Harper, he's her boyfriend."

"I know, but he made me promise not to tell Harper or his dad. He says they already worry enough."

Harper had heard enough. She ripped the covers off of her pyjama clad body and darted for the door, twisting the handle and yanking it open just in time for the werewolves to get caught. They both stared down at her with wide eyes, Isaac looking particularly guilty while Scott turned to glare at him slightly.

"What's going on?" She demanded to know, "I woke up with this feeling... and then I heard you and Scott whispering outside my door!"

Scott looked at her sympathetically, "nothing, Harper. Just go back to sleep, okay?"

Harper's face scrunched up, "don't tell me to go back to sleep. If something is wrong with Stiles then I need to know. It's not fair."

Isaac scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "Stiles has slept walked somewhere and he called Scott crying because he has no idea where he is and his leg hurts, he thinks it's bleeding."

Harper's heart dropped, her face falling with it. She reached out and grabbed her best friends' shirt, bunching it up in a fist and backing him into a wall. Scott didn't protest back. He had never seen Harper so angry before.

"You were gonna keep this from me?" She yelled furiously, "what the hell, Scott?"

Scott placed his hands over her fists, gently pushing them down, "Stiles didn't want you to get involved," he protested, "he told me not to tell you."

Harry's bedroom door opened, revealing a messy haired boy rubbing his eyes. He looked shocked when he saw his younger sister practically pinning Scott up against the wall, her face red with anger and her eyes shining with fear.

"What's going on?" His voice was deep from just waking.

Harper sighed sharply, releasing Scott and running a hand through her hair, "I'm coming with you," she muttered, "don't even try it with me tonight, Scott."

This time Scott didn't argue back as Harper went into her room, slamming the door and changing into something other than her Hello Kitty pyjamas.

...

Scott, Harper, Isaac, and Harry were down the stairs when the werewolf's phone began to buzz, causing all four to stop abruptly. Scott dug into his pocket, producing his phone and immediately hitting 'answer'.

"Scott," Stiles whimpered, Harper's heart shattering consequently, "Did you tell them? Did you tell my dad and Harper?"

"Harper knew," The McCall boy told him hesitantly, "she woke up because she felt it."