XXV. RESCUE MISSION

Allison had snuck out of the school from a second story window, rushing to get home and find her copy of the Bestiary. Lydia explained that she needed to find something, anything, on flies, but unfortunately for the hunter, it was a thousand pages written in Latin, a language Allison had almost no knowledge in.

"Scott and Isaac are in the basement, right?" Lydia asked as she, Harper and Stiles made their way into one of the art rooms.

"Yeah," Harper hummed, her eyes skimming across the walls where some of her own work was pinned proudly, "they're with Ethan and Aiden."

"The plan is to meet in the middle," Stiles reminded the two girls, "in the boiler room."

"All of the wolves..." Lydia muttered, realisation hitting her, "all of the ones with glowing eyes together in the basement."

Stiles' head whipped around, his hazel eyes wide as his heart sunk, "oh, god. An engineer could use a boiler room to blow up the whole school."

"We have to get them out of there," Lydia croaked.

Harper but her bottom lip harshly, "we need to get everyone out of here."

"How do we do that?"

...

Only minutes later, Stiles stood by one of the fire alarms in the main hallway, his fingers holding down the switch as students began to rush out of the large building. Harper glanced over her shoulder, hoping to see the four werewolves come out. She would feel awful if something bad happened to them, even Aiden and Ethan.

A grin covered the Stilinski boy's face once he realised that his plan had worked, bobbing his head at Harper. Harper raised her brows at him, about to make a comment when Coach Finstock appeared behind him. Lydia winced, Stiles' face dropping when he felt the looming presence.

Finstock grabbed Stiles by the ear and began to drag him out of the school. Kids watched as Harper and Lydia rushed to keep up behind them.

"Pulling a fire alarm on Mischief Night is one thing. Doing it when there's a mass murderer spotted nearby is insane!" Finstock released Stiles once they were out in the open, a heavy glare on his tired face, "if I was four years younger, I'd punch you."

Stiles seemed unbothered by the yelling teacher. After all, the boy had grown up getting constantly yelled at by either his father or a teacher for whatever reason. By now he was practically immune.

"What? Coach, that doesn't even make sense," Stiles said.

"Oh, well, it does to me!" Finstock growled before jogging back into the school.

"Guys," Lydia nodded her head in the direction of the four werewolves that were crowded around a bench, furrowed brows as they kept their heads down.

Stiles took Harper's hand in his own as they rushed over to their friends. Scott glanced up when he heard the heels of Lydia, pursing his lips and shaking his head.

"We didn't find anything," one of the twin's snapped, Aiden, Harper assumed.

"Not even a scent," Scott added.

Harper sighed, "school's over now. If he was going to set off a bomb, don't you think he would have done it while everyone was in the building or something?"