XII. PAINFUL BREAKUPS

' painful breakups '

"Harper, I'm going out, okay?" Scott knocked on the door, poking his head around it slightly.

The Empath nodded with a small smile, watching as Scott left. Once she heard the front door slam behind him, she grabbed the envelope that she had hidden under her pillow.

When she had gotten home from the motel this morning she had found it on the doorstep, but she hadn't had a chance to open it because of Scott and Isaac.

Scott was constantly pestering her to make sure she was okay after the whole thing with Stiles, and Isaac was just bored. He had been feeling a little alone after the whole incident at Glen Capri, so she had sat down on the couch with him to watch some films until he fell asleep.

Now, with Melissa at work, Scott out, and Isaac asleep downstairs, she could finally open the letter without being inturrupted. The familiar handwriting scibbled on the white paper caused her to smile without even realising it. She had missed Harry, even if she had never met him.

After his last letter where he had told her what was going on in Eichen House and about himself, she had sent him one back, basically explaining how she believed him and that she was going to get him out.

Harper opened the envelope, pulling out the page with the very neat handwriting on.

Dear Harper,

It feels like I haven't wrote to you in, like, a hundred years. Jeremy told me that you asked to see me, and even though you can't for obvious reasons, it makes me so happy. I want to see you too, Harper. Sometimes I still can't believe that I have a little sister.

Also, I know that you said you and your friends would try and get me out, but I don't think that's possible. Right now the tests are worse than ever. Valack has other people coming in now to experiment on me, and the security is so high. Jeremy says that the unit I'm in isn't even on the map plans of Eichen. I don't even know where I am myself.

I can try and get information to help you, but now isn't a good time. Besides, I think I can hang in for a few more weeks. And remember, don't tell the police about me, okay? If the police find out then everybody in this freaking unit is even more screwed. We're better off here if they were to know.

Have you told your friends about me yet? I know you said you had a lot of stuff going on in your life right now, but I was just wondering.

I'd love to write more to you, but I think lights are going on in five minutes.

From, Harry x

The brunette frowned at Harry's words, folding the paper up and tucking it back under her pillow case along with all of her other letters from him. Not the best hiding place, sure, but nobody ever went in her room apart from her.