XXXVII. CHANGE

You know when you think you know everything, but suddenly someone or something just comes along and pulls the rug out from beneath your feet completely? Then you fall and by the time you've hit the ground, you're having to deal with the consequences

You know when you think you know everything, but suddenly someone or something just comes along and pulls the rug out from beneath your feet completely? Then you fall and by the time you've hit the ground, you're having to deal with the consequences. It all happens in one go— so overwhelmingly.

The past few hours had been like that for Harper. She'd had time to think about everything that had happened to her, what Harry had done, what Void had forced her to confess. She was frightened of what her friends would think if they ever found out she told the Nogitsune she wanted her father gone.

All night, over and over again, Harper would tell herself that she didn't mean it- that he forced the words into her mouth. However, deep down the brunette knew she was lying to herself. Maybe she wasn't as sweet and innocent as she, and everyone else, thought she was.

Everybody had bad thoughts, everybody thought about revenge on someone at some point or another, but not this way. Not like this.

She needed to tell Scott. Last night, she peeled open his bedroom door, ready to confess what she had said, only to find him asleep with Kira in his arms. Harper shut the door and silently went back to her room, dropping her head into her hands for the rest of the night.

Lydia and Allison tried calling, but she didn't pick up. She didn't want to talk to them, only Scott or Stiles. They were the only people in the whole world that had been with her through everything.

That afternoon, Harper decided she was done thinking. Thinking was a dangerous thing. Stiles had told her not to do it too much, but she couldn't help it, it was in her nature.

Harper put on a burgundy pinafore with some black tights and a long white sleeved shirt before plugging her headphones in and leaving the house. Melissa was at work and Scott and Kira were too busy in his room to even remember her.

Her phone played music she had listened to with Stiles before, a small smile tugging at her lips. She managed to link every song back to him somehow. The brunette took a few seconds to admire the scenery around her.

November in Beacon Hills was always a beautiful sight, with the multicoloured leaves on the ground, the trees above bare and a festive feeling in the air. It was getting close to her favourite month of the year, she just hoped she would be able to enjoy it this time.

Once again, for the millionth time that day, her phone began to ring. She looked down, expecting either Lydia or Allison to be calling. The brunette wasn't surprised when it was the latter. Instead of ignoring like she had been doing, she decided to pick up.

"Harper, hey," Allison breathed in relief as soon as Harper put the phone to her ear, "Scott told me you came back yesterday, Lydia and I tried calling but you didn't answer."