XXXVI. SURPRISE VISITS

When Harper woke she wasn't surprised to find that she was on a forest floor

When Harper woke she wasn't surprised to find that she was on a forest floor. She didn't really expect anything less from Void Stiles who had probably just left her here while she was unconscious. She rose from the ground, her stomach growling and her lips dry as she leaned against a tree for support.

Something in her jumper rubbed against her skin. Harper put her hand in the breast pocket, finding the picture that looked exactly like Kira on it with another man. The photograph was in black and white, the edges fading. She flipped it over, only now seeing how somebody had written in neatly in pencil '1945'. She slipped it back into the pocket, knowing that she had to get it to Scott as Stiles had said.

Still clad in her Eichen clothes, she began to slowly trek through the forest as quietly as she could. Every time she'd step on a twig or a particularly crunchy leaf, her face would scrunch up and she'd freeze, waiting for Void to come back out and grab her. To say she was scared of her demon-possessed boyfriend would be an understatement.

Questions clouded over her mind as she made it to an area of the woods she was finally familiar with. Was Malia okay? Whatever happened to her? Where's Void? If she was so 'important' to his game, then why had he left her unattended in the middle of the woods? Nothing made sense to her, her head continuing to ache.

Harper came to the edge of the woods after twenty minutes, a car whizzing past her so fast that her hair flew back. She didn't even have the chance to wave it down for help. The petite brunette began her mission to get back into the centre of Beacon Hills where she prayed her friends would be. She had missed them all so much, it had been over a week since she had seen any of them.

About a mile down the long road, the Empath collapsed, coughing and groaning as she rolled onto her back, scrunching her eyes shut. It was a strange kind of pain, she couldn't particularly pinpoint what hurt or how, it just did. Her entire body just felt drained and on fire, like if she didn't do something soon then it would shut down. Maybe it would.

"Come on," she muttered to herself, rolling her eyes as she climbed back up onto her feet.

Harper needed to get to her friends and warn them about Void Stiles. She wondered if they already knew. Maybe was too late.

It took much longer than it should have, but eventually, Harper made it another mile down the road where she started seeing houses. Her heart skipped a beat, but the lack of energy in her body made it painful. She was worried it had completely stopped for a split second.

The sound of a car coming up behind her made her perk up a little, turning her head in the direction. Her brown eyes widened when she saw that it was the Sheriff's cruiser. It stopped right beside her and Noah Stilinski quickly climbed out, rushing to her side.