Chapter 8: Watersbend, Indiana

Jimmy's POV:

"Alright Max, almost there."  We enter the state line from Illinois to Indiana.  Chloe is right behind me with Haley riding shotgun and Luke right behind her, he's actually dropping mom off at home before he comes over.  It's almost noon, we've been on the road almost a day and a half.

"Finally almost there?  I told Kate and Warren I'd text them when we got to Indiana."  Max pulls out her phone and starts texting away.  She has a smile on her face.  "I'm so glad I am getting a new start, but I do miss Arcadia already.  And I'm even further from Mom and Dad now."  Her smile starts to faulter.

"I know babe, but just think, we can go see them in about a month, maybe sooner. If you want.  You'll love Watersbend, there's an amusement Park not but 30 minutes away called Helloween Town.  It's halloween/horror oriented but it's amazing any time."  She smiles a little more and lays her head on my shoulder. 

"This is such a big step for me, Jimmy.  I really miss Blackwell already. we graduated not but 3 days ago and here we are in Indiana several states away.  It's going to be hard to adjust but Wowsers it's going to be worth it I feel."  I rub her hair with my free hand and continue driving. 

"Take another nap babe, we will be there in another hour or so.  It's not too far from Indianapolis."  I say as she smiles and closes her eyes, still on my shoulder.  I smile and keep driving I turn up the radio and it's Green Day.  I bob my head around a little as the song plays and Max's phone goes off.  I look over and see its from Warren.  I can't read it all but I can tell he's upset she left without telling him goodbye.  Me and Warren patched things up at the party, he told me he was sorry for getting defensive and said I deserve her.  I'd treat her right.  He's an alright guy sometimes, too into Planet of the apes though, but then again I'm a horror buff myself.  An hour passes, it's now 1 pm and I pull into the driveway of our new house.

A beautiful white 2 story house with eggshell trim and a chimney.  3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.  A big backyard and a shed in the back for equipment.  I also had a building built outback for a jam studio.  I'm spending Johns money right.  Better than he'd ever spend it.  I wake Max up and she rubs her eyes.  "Babe, we are here.  Our new home."  She looks up at the house and I see the biggest smile appear on her face, she's so fucking cute when she smiles.  Her freckles ripple with her smile and it is just so amazing. 

"Holy shit, no way dude!"  She gets out and runs up to it.  Chloe gets out behind us and stares open eyed and open mouthed. "Holy shit Metal head, how did you afford this place?  Hella badass!!!" 

"Chloe, you'll love it even more when you see the backyard."  She runs around and I hear her scream.  She runs back around and hugs me tight, crushing the wind out of me.  "Oh my god Jimmy, thank you."  I put a little smoking lounge outback where she can smoke all she wants whenever she wants. 

"You're welcome."  Haley finally walks up to me and hugs me. 

"I'm so proud of you Jimmy, I love this place, it's also our old street... with mom." She smiles and hugs me tighter. 

"Who wants to see inside?"  Max and Chloe both run to the door and open it.  Running inside.  "Oh my god they are such kids.  The moving guys already unloaded everything before hand.  I told them how I wanted everything let's see if they did as asked."  Haley laughs and follows me inside. 

"HOLY SHIT JIMMY, THIS PLACE IS BIGGER THAN IT LOOKS ON THE OUTSIDE!!!!"  Chloe is still running around and sliding down the stairs.  "Hella badass dude, Babe! Come see our room.  It's amazing."  She grabs Haley's arm and pulls her up the stairs.  Max comes out from the kitchen and smiles at me and hugs me.