Chapter 14: Killer State

Haley's POV:

"Holy shit Chloe! This place is like a super chuck e cheese on steroids.  I love it!"  I hug Chloe tightly.  "I fucking love it!!!!"  I kiss her and grab her band and pull her along to the arcade part.  They have guitar hero which Jimmy will love, Tekken and Street Fighter machines which he will also love and.....

"DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION!!!!!! HELLA YES!"  Chloe says, now dragging me along.  "Haley, I'll smoke you in DDR."

"In your dreams you blue haired beauty."  We wait for out turn in line as Jimmy and Max come up from behind.

"Hey Haley! Long time no see!"  Jimmy comes up and puts his arm on my shoulder like I'm an arm rest. I hate that. 

"Jimmy, are you allergic to nuts?"

"No, you know that."

"Good, because if you don't move your arm, I'm gonna kick yours into your throat."  He immediately withdraws his arm.

"So DDR? I'll smoke you all at this, same with Guitar Hero."  He says with a big grin.

"Yeah, okay, says the guy who can't dance."  Max says latching on to his arm. She kisses his cheek and he looks at her so offended. 

"Okay, then, Max, you can't dance either so let's do it.  Whoever wins gets to buy the other dinner." Max shakes Jimmys hand.

"You are so on, let's do it."  She says with a smile. 

"HALEY WE ARE NEXT!" Chloe pulls me onto the pad.  I haven't played this since Jimmy and I played it back at Blackwell.  That was last year....  "Babe what song do you want?  They have Happy by Pharell, Can't stop the music, Evacuate the dance floor, Everytime we touch by Cascada, Disturbia by Rihanna."

"Everytime we touch! I love that song."  Chloe inserts her tokens and the song starts.  I start stepping and stepping and Chloe is keeping up.  "Babe you are so going down."  I say as the music gets faster and the steps are more intense.  I lost track of who's in the lead when I hear Chloe yell, "Fuck!" I knew I won.

"No way! Best two out of three!"  She says.  She hates losing.

"No, I won fair and square.  Now what do I want since I won..... hmm decisions decisions..."  Chloe glares at me. 

"You get one thing.  And one thing only.  Make it count."  She smirks and winks at me.  I better make this one count.  I run off with Chloe and we hit the bar.  Somehow Jimmy is already there....

Jimmy's POV:

"Give me another shot!"  I say as I slam my glass down.  I'm already 3 shots down and I'm feeling it.  The bartender pours me another shot and I down that.  "Another please!"  My buzz is becoming more intense.  Haley and Chloe approach next to me and Haley orders a long Island Ice Tea and Chloes orders a beer. 

"Jimmy, you should slow down, we only just got here and you are already beyond buzzed." Max says pulling at my arm. 

"Yeah Jimmy, you don't look so good.  Enjoy your time here dude, we aren't leaving anytime soon." Chloe says patting my arm.

"Another shot please..."  He hands me another shot and I'm drunk now... faces and bodies moving in funny shapes, my heads spinning and I'm feeling it big time.  I get up and Max catches me before I fall.  "Thanks babe, I owes you one.  I owes you one."  I stumble away and say something I never thought I'd say.  "Carly, Benjamin... I miss you both so much."  I keep stumbling through with Max on my tail as Chloe and Haley are following.  Haley knows how I get when I'm like this.