Chapter 12: I got you

Jimmy's POV:

"Max......"  I start but can't form the words.  My mind has them but I just can't say it.  "Max..... I love you.  I really really love you.  My dream made me realize that.  I need you.  I really need you now.  I'm ready to explain everything."  She leans in and hugs me tight. 

"Jimmy, I'm so glad to hear that.  I know a little bit about your past, and your dad but I want to know everything."  Max says grabbing my hand. 

"It's a long sad story.  As you know, my dad was never nice to me.  He just had me on his fund to keep me from telling mom.  Mom on the other hand..... my mom loved us.... so very much.  Even though dad hated me and wanted to put me up for adoption, she wouldn't let him.  She said she'd rather die than lose her babies.  I guess... she lost me so long ago.  I'm not the same as I used to be.  I'm more territorial, more wanting to fight, more wanting to just fuck someone's day up at any time."  I get a smile on my face thinking about it.  "I just want everyone to feel as empty and shattered as I feel.  My fucking mom died and now I have no parents.  Haley has no parents.  Their grandkids will never be able to meet them.  Not that I want them meeting dad anyway.  I'm just fed up with all the bullshit Max.  I want to find life again.  I want to find meaning again.  I'm tired of going around and constantly not being happy.  I was only happy with Rachel, and now I'm only happy whenever you are around.  I just want to be happy on my own."  I pull my hand away and walk out the door.  "I'm sorry Max, I just need to be alone for a bit.  I'll be home later."  I get in my car and blast metallica and pull out of the driveway and speed down the road to my hiding spot from when I was a kid. Even Haley doesn't know where that is.

Haley's POV:

"Jimmy!!!! Where are you going???"  I call out as he speeds off.  "What the fuck? Max, what's up with him?"  She walks up to me with tears in her eyes.

"I think... I think he broke up with me."  She keeps crying harder as I comfort her. 

"No, I don't think he did.  When he gets super emotional like this he goes off on his own.  You guys remember how he was in Arcadia.  Always went to the light house.  But here, I haven't even found his spot yet.  But maybe with his car, we can find it."  Max sniffles and looks up at me. 

"Haley, do you promise he didnt?"  She says.  "You promise he's just upset?"

"Yeah, he's just upset about mom.... and his dream about Rachel.  We all know how he felt about her.  He feels the same about you Max, I can already tell."  I look at Chloe who's now come out to see what's the deal. 

"If he made our Max cry, I'm gonna make him cry."  She says crossing her arms.  "Nobody makes my best friend cry." 

"Chloe it's okay, he just needs to be alone.... that's all."  Max says,  wiping her eyes. 

This sucks, I'm kicking his ass when we find him for making Max cry.  But still Jimmy, I know mom is gone but what's really going on? 

We get into Chloes truck and head back to the house.  We get out and head inside as Luke is sitting on the porch waiting. 

"Haley, I'm sorry about the other night. I didn't mean to make you feel that uncomfortable.  I feel horrible about it.  Is there anyway you could forgive me?"  He says looking down, I can tell he means it.

"As a matter of fact Luke, you can help me out, I'll be able to forgive you if you can help."  I say.

"What is it? I'll do anything!!!"  He says a little too excited.

"We need you to find Jimmy, he's off on his own and needs to be found.  I know he's at his spot and I know you know where it is."  I say inching closer to him.