Chapter Three

"Today we have a project with your side partner. You'll all go out around campus and take a picture of something. If you show up with nothing you'll have to suffer my consequences!" Mrs. Ivory said. It had been a week since I figured out that Asher was Mr. Mister on my Snapchat. I tried everything to stay away and he still... try's to talk to me!

    "Okay where do you want to go?" Asher asked as we walked out he room with the rest of the class.

   "We could-" I was cut off by one of Asher's football friend.

    "Hey! Jayfire! Where you going?" He jumped onto he's shoulder and Asher stumbled to keep himself up.

    "Cade, go back to your partner we have to get this unless you want to see Mrs. Ivory angry!" Asher laughed as he dropped his friend without even worrying about him being hurt.

    "You just want to be left alone with the one girl in this school that doesn't swoon over you." Cade said and batted his eyelashes to mock him.

    "Go away before I make you go away!" He yelled at his friend on the floor I was watching all this happen but at this point I was walking away I honestly did care what they did. All I knew was no way am I going to see Mrs. Ivory mad!

    Suddenly I felt an arm drape over my shoulder and I felt very uncomfortable when I turned and saw Cade there with his other hand pushing Asher away.

    "So, your the girl that tells him to go to hell, huh?"

    "I never said that." I said a little taken back.

    "No but I can see it in your eyes." Cade laughed. I shrugged his arm off and eyed him.

    "I don't care what you do but I'm not going to sit and wait for you!" I said eyeing Asher now. I walked away and I heard them argue a little but I couldn't care less!

    I was walking in the schools courtyard and I find a tree. The trunk was bent and the whole tree top was on the ground. Where the trunk was bent it grew many other branches and trunks it was (as the child in me would say) the perfect tree to climb. I pulled out my camera and started taking pictures and different angles.

    "That's a good choices." I was in a difficult position low to the grown and when he spoke it scared me a little and I fell over.

    "Are you okay?" He asked I looked up and saw Asher leaning down then I noticed my head wasn't on the floor. It was on his lap. He had slid under and stopped my head from hitting the ground. 

    I quickly sat up but didn't turn to see him. I felt a little burning on my cheeks from embarrassment but it left quickly. 

    "I'm fine." I said. I picked up the camera and stared taking the pictures again.

    "I can take a few. I like to think I'm good at this." He said still on the ground. I never turned to face him but I handed him the camera. Automatically he stood and took a photo of me.
I was startled and I didn't really know what he was doing.

    "What are you doing?" I asked and tried to take the camera back. He quickly moved it out of my hold and he was looking at the picture.

    "Okay, let's go."! He said. He removed the card and handed me the camera. He walked to the photo room and I was so confused.

    "Are you coming?" He asked and started to walk backward looking at me. I looked at the tree the back at him with no idea of what just happened. I started to walk back a little behind and soon we were back in the class.

    "You are the first back," Mrs. Ivory said. "Go to the computer and pick out your photo." We nodded and go to the back computer. Asher sits in front of the computer and pulled up the photo of me.