Chapter Twenty Five

The first day of my senior year. A lot was happening  today my dad invited Asher over for dinner and I have to walk around school, no doubt hearing everyone whispers about me being Asher's girlfriend. I don't have any classes with Asher this year and like always all my classes are boring. 

    I waited at home in the morning because Asher wanted to give me a ride to school. I waited patiently till I heard a knock at my door. I got up and opened the door and walked out with Asher.

    "Are you ready for this?" I looked at him and shrugged. "You're going to get a lot of attention that you probably don't want." He said and sighed.

    "I'll survive." We got in the car and I pulled out my phone when I felt it buzz. It was more notifications from my social media platforms. I groaned and stuffed my phone to the bottom of my bag.

    "What did your phone do now?" He asked when he saw my frustration.

    "It's just always ringing!"

    "Turn off your ringer."

    "It's is but I have it on vibrate."

    "Turn your notifications off." He suggested. I got silent as I stared at him. I hadn't really thought about that.

"Well, what if I don't want to?" He turned and smirked to me. I looked away and pouted as I looked out the window.

"Then suffer." He said plainly. We talked a little bit more but stopped when we pull into the school parking lot. Asher and I were quite till he parked the car and looked over to me.

"I told you before but, things will be different now." I sighed and nodded. "M'kay!" He unbuckled his seatbelt and grabbed his bag, I did the same. He stopped me before I opened the door and gave me a kiss. "You'll be fine." He said and I smiled.

"Thank you but I already know I'll be fine." He scuffed and smiled.

"I was reassuring myself." He got out of the car and I laughed to myself for awhile before I got out. When I did Asher was waiting for me so I could walk with him. He grabbed my hand and we walked through the school gates together. When Asher entered two guys, that I noticed from the football team, approached us.

"Hey Jayfire! And Jayfire's girlfriend!" One familiar voice said.

"Skyler you remember Jason." Asher told me. I nodded as I understood. Jason had a dark blonde color in his hair. His hair looked like he had just ran his fingers threw his hair and called it good.  He wore a t-shirt and baggy jeans. I smiled to him and he smirked.

    "So it's Skyler! Good to know!" Jason smiled friendly to me. The other guy coughed so we would have our attention on him.

    "I'm Dustin." He smiles to me and I smiled back. "Listen Jayfire Couch texted me today. He wants the team to meet after school. He said he tried to get a hold of you but you wouldn't answer."

    "My notifications are turned off and my phone is wrapped in a bandana at the bottom of my bag." I turned my head to him and looked at him confused. "I like the quiet too." He said to me. I shrugged it off.

    "Well I'll see you later!" Dustin said and walked off. Jason towered over me and smiled.

"Your so small!" He said a ruffled up my hair. I could feel Asher scolding Jason.

"I know, we don't need to comment on it." I said and fixed my hair. I looked at Asher in the corner of my eye and saw him glare at Jason.

"You have no reason to worry Asher. Skyler and I are just going to best friends!" Jason said and smiled to Asher. Asher was about to comment until more football players came to talk to Asher about the season they'll be playing. Jason put a hand on my shoulder and lead me away from the group.