Chapter Eight

We walked around the mall a little before we walked pass Game Stop. Asher practically dragged me in and we were in there for maybe an hour. Probably less than an hour and I was just impatient.

    When we were done, we were about to head out till I passed the foot court. The smells where so good and I wanted to stop but I'm broke and can't by anything.

    "You are so impatient did you know that?" Asher asked still complaining about my complaining. I was about to answer but my stomach talked before me and growled. It was like a whale's mating call! It was louder then all the people around us.

    "Well that tells me why you were trying to walk out of there so fast." Asher laughed.

    "Stop messing with me! I was impatient because you took twenty minutes to choose a video game!" I said and pointed to the Game Stop bag he had. He shrugged and stopped walking.

    "Pick a place to eat." He said looking at me. I raise an eyebrow. "You're hungry. Pick a place!" He said as he gestured to the food court.

    "I'm not hungry!" I say as my stomach made the sound of death. "Okay, I'm hungry but I'm not letting you buy me food!" I yell even though free food sounds beautiful!

    "I'm not leaving till you pick something." He said and folded his arms. We stood silently as we each waited for the other to surrender. I was too hungry to deal with this!

"Fine! Panda Express!" I said as I point to the shop. He smiled.

"Now that wasn't to hard!" He said and walked over to Panda.

"I wish you jump off a building." I whispered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!" I say louder. He shrugged and I knew he didn't actually hear anything. We both got something and he made me sit down and eat instead of taking it home. I sat and we both ate in silence.

I felt awkward and I had a feeling that Asher did too. "So how about that weather?" He asked. I looked at him.

"Really?" I asked. He laughed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I know, it's stupid but I don't know what else to talk about. I'm always worried I'm going to offend you or something! So what can we talk about Skyler Kitty?" He asked. I kept the same look on my face till I sighed.

"I promise you can talk or asking me about anything you want as long as you never call me that again!" He thinks for a little till he nodded.

"Sounds great Crazy Cat!" I groan and cover my face. Always cats!

"Seriously! What is your deal with cats?" I asked as I look at him. He laughs and looks me in the eyes

"Okay," he took a deep breath and I was suddenly very interested. "My older sister would call me Asher the Ally Cat because she likes cats a lot. When she died, I guess I just started to call people by cats." He shrugged. I looked at him with sympathy and I felt really bad now.

"You didn't have to tell me that." I said looking down.

"It's fine I know so much about you already so I figured you should know more about me. I've never told anyone about this. I know you won't go around saying it but now you know a little bit about my personal life." He said smiling.

"If you don't mind me asking, how'd she die?" I looked back down.

"Car crash." He said I look up and took a deep breath. We sat silently before we decide it was time to go home.