Chapter Twenty Four

The summer passed by and Asher was supposed to come home tomorrow. I sat at the community park reading.

    I haven't been out of the house all that much since the beginning of the summer. My skin was probably super pale since I haven't seen the light of day in so long.

    I was waiting to get my call from Asher as I sat there. He said he would be able to call now instead of late at night. My phone rang and I picked it up seeing the picture Asher had left on my phone for his contact. It was a picture of Happy from Fairy Tail. That guy and his cats!

    "Hey!" I smiled.

    "Hey! What are you up to right now?"

    "Just sitting at the park with my book." I hear him gasp.

    "You left your house?" He mocked.

    "Ha-ha your hilarious! But yeah, I'm super pale now!" I laughed. I hear him laugh and I could help but miss him.

    "When are you coming back tomorrow?" I asked probably sounding sad.

    "I'll be home soon don't worry about it!" He said. I just sighed.

    "Your so difficult! And Jason has been calling me all summer! Is he going to be another Creepy Cade?" I asked but Asher just laughed.

    "No, he's just a jokester! He's a good guy. So you miss me huh?" He mocked.

"Yes I miss you. There are you happy? Life is boring without you here to annoy me every second of everyday. I miss your stupid grin and your annoying but beautiful eyes. So hurry home." I said whipping away at the one tear that slid down my cheek.

He didn't say anything threw the phone so I could only assume he doesn't know what to say. I then feel two arms wrap around me.

"I didn't know you misses me that much. You act like I died!" Asher said as he kissed my cheek.

"Asher! You suck!" I pull out of his hold and slammed my hands into his chest. He just laughed when I turned my back away from him.

"I wanted to surprise you!" He sat next to me and put his arms around me again.

"You let me ramble on! You are a useless boyfriend!" I pulled out again and slapped his arm a couple times.

    "Ow! Okay, okay I'm sorry!" I stop hitting him and look at him angry. He looked at me with pleading eyes and I couldn't help but smile. "Are you glad to see me?"

    "I hate you."

    "Love you too." I laughed and pull him in for a hug.

    "I'm sorry for hitting you." He laughed.

    "Is there anything that happened to you this summer? You wouldn't tell me anything over the phone." I sighed.

    "Well there's two things I didn't tell you about. My mom is officially out of my life and my dad figured out about us dating and wants to meet you." I awkwardly smile and he look at me with wide eyes.

    "Why did you wait to tell me now?"

    "I would have told you but every time you were on the phone Jason or another one of your friends would mess around with you." He nodded understanding what I was pointing out.

    "Well I'm back. Do you remember what I said I'd do when I got back?" I really thought for a minute. What is he talking about? I shook my head and he pulled his phone out.

    "Smile!" I smiled quickly as he took a picture of the two of us. It looked okay but Asher wouldn't let me look at it for long.

    "I'm confused." Asher smiles down to me then did something on his phone.

    "Now, we're officially! No more girls pushing themselves at me and no more secrets." He waved his phone in front of my face as I saw a post he had put up of me and him. He pulled me in a hug and I felt comforted by him.

    "I forgot that we were doing that." I smile thinking about all the things we could do now that everyone knew about us. But then reality crashed into my happy self like a brick!

    "Everyone's going to hate me! Or worst! They'll actually know I exist!" I felt my phone buzzing and I pulled it out of my pocket. Blaise was calling. "Look he's calling! He knows!"

    "Yeah the post says it already had a thousand views." I would have fainted if it wasn't for Asher's hand around my shoulder. I answer the phone as calmly as I could.

    "What up dude?" What am I doing!

    "You're Asher's mystery girl?" Blaise screamed into the phone.

    "Oh, yeah about that..."

"Why didn't you tell us?" I heard Michael in the background.

    "It's hard to explain."

    "Hard to explain? We're your best friends! I feel betrayed!" I roll my eyes at how dramatic they sounded.

    "Ha-ha your not that offended." I say as I realize what they're doing.

"You're right! So how's it been with Mr. Popular?" I hear Michael say.

    "I kind of just got him back after the summer. Mind if I hang up to talk to him?" I say.

    "You go girl." Blaise laughed in the phone.

    "I hate you. Bye!" I hang up and turn to Asher who was smiling at me.

    "What?"

"I just miss seeing your sassy side." He laughed. I rolled my eyes but still smiled. Now that he's back I really did miss him.

————————————————————
Hey! So I updated and I realized something about my last update. I didn't put chapter in front of Twenty Three! My OCD hates me! I also don't have a real scheduled update and I realize that but I'm working on it! I promise! Also go check out my other stories. I've got short stories (that I will be updating soon) and I just put out a challenge book! If you don't know what that is I explained what it's all about in the description. So go check that out!

A lot has happened with Asher and Skyler and I know that all these chapters have been real fillers recently! I'm getting to the good stuff I promise! Just be patient!

Till next time!

Bye-bye👋🏻