Chapter Nine

A few days passed and Asher was as annoying as ever. While I was in science class though I saw a very familiar blonde.

Cade saw me too and before class would start he would come up and talk to me even though I obviously was trying to ignore him.

"Okay class, I'm switching sets." Mr. Jarred said. He placed the students but I didn't really care who sat where. "Skyler," he pointed to a desk and I took my seat. "Cade, right next to Skyler..." he continued on as I felt my anxiety heighten.

"This is probably the best spot he could have placed me!" Cade whispered. I rolled my eyes when I saw him smirk.

"I've told you several times, go away!" He laughs.

"You're stuck with me, we're partners now!" He gave my arm a little shove and I groaned. "I'm going to be hanging out with Asher's new female interest! This will be fun! Messing with Asher is probably my favorite thing to do!" He said and laughed. I looked at him curious.

"Interest?" I questioned. Cade eyed me and then sat back in his set.

"Well yeah, of course he's interested by you. You're the first girl to ever treat him the way you do. Now that I think about it, you're the only PERSON who ever treated him this way! He talks about you every time the topic of girls comes up in our conversations." He laughed. I looked off at the board.

Why would anyone think about me that much? Why would I interested him? Great! Now I'm going to think too much about it and then I'm going to read into it wrong. First I'll think there's something wrong with me then I'll think he likes me or somethin-.

Hold on, what if you does like me?......Nah! Your just reading into it too much! I tried to convince myself but everything was pressuring me too much. I want my simple, normal, and boring life back!

"Okay I'm starting you on a lab with your partner. Do the lab worksheet for now and if you finish early I'll have you move on." Mr. Jarred said. Both me and Cade started to work. I kept my eyes on the paper and only answered Cade when he had a question about the paper.

He was starting to get annoyed with the way I was ignoring him. I was sure he would leave me alone until I saw his arms spiral over my paper.

"Okay, you have one minutes to talk about whatever you want before I ignore you again." I say and open the timer on my phone.

"I wanted to ask you a few questions about you." I look at my phone and looked back up at him.

"Do you think Asher is cute?" He asked. I was taken back a little.

"He's no Shawn Mendas." He laughed. "Forty seconds." I say.

"Okay, okay! Have you always known how beautiful you are?" He joked.

I stared at him and look at my phone "Thirty second."

"Have you ever gone on a date before?"

"No, twenty five seconds."

"Would you go on your first date with me?" He asked. I must have been blinking at him for a while. "Sky? You still there?" He asked. I looked at him closer.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked.

"Do you want to go on a date with me?" He asked so nicely. Oh, I don't want to be rude! Dang it!

Buzz, buzz

My phone went off. I took a deep breath. "Times up!" I say. I turn my phone off and went back to my work.

"At lest answer the question!" He said.

"Tomorrow, I'll answer tomorrow." I say and ignore him for the rest of the class. I walk to my table at lunch an take a deep breath.

"Skyler!" I hear Blaise yell. I turn and see only Blaise.

"Hey, where's Michael?" I asked.

"Field trip for his choir. So how have you been? You and I haven't had a real conversation in a while. Michael usually takes the spot light off you!" He joked and walked with me to our spot.

"Well, it's been weird! But I'm sure you don't want to hear any of it." I say and take my seat.

"I do! Tell me!" He begged. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, so I'm in Photo and I'm sure I told you that for some reason Asher Jayfire came and sat next to me." He nodded.

"Right Mr. Popular."

"Yeah, well we're friends now and his friend Cade Matthews started talk to me and actually hitting on me!"

"Huh, that's new." He says.

"That's not the weird part, he just asked my out in science last hour." I say and Blaise was dumbfounded. "I just need to know if you've heard any kind of... I don't know, a bet that Mr. Popular and his friends have going on?" I asked.

"No, but I can check with a close friends of mine. This is different! I'll go ask right now if you want?" I nod and he hurried off to the table that had all his friends. About twenty minutes later I see Blaise walking back.

"So?" I asked.

"Nothing! No bet!" He said and sat down. "So what did you tell him when he asked?"

"That I'll answer him tomorrow. I don't know how to feel about going on dates!" I say and bang my head on the table.

"Going on dates with who?" I hear Asher's voice from behind. I look back at him. His face looked slightly annoyed.

"Cade, he asked me out in science just now." I say and I saw his eye go angry a little. What's that all about?

"He did what?" He asked angry.

"You heard me!" I said. I saw how angry he was and I thought he was going to hit something.

"I'll see you in class!" He said angry and walked out of the lunch room looking pissed!

"Are you sure he doesn't like you too?" Blaise said. I looked over to him.

"I have no idea what so ever!" I say. What game are you playing at Jayfire?

————————————————————
Hey!! So this was fun! Asher got a little jealous! 😱 Skyler got asked out! I hope you enjoyed it and please leave a comment!!
Seriously please say something! I really hope this story is good!
Vote too! Please!
If you vote more people will see it and to be honest with you I really want people to read this!
Till next time
Bye bye!!!!