Chapter ~ 2

Time || Gabriel Lewis

Time goes by so slowly. It was almost to agonising to watch the clock, since it seemed to only go slower with my eyes concentrated on it. I just wanted the day to end, not that it's been a particularly bad day apart from the fact I now have a partnered English assignment with Jaxon Coles, the king on top of the hill with his shoe kissing servants below him, sucking up to him anyway they could to get a second glance.

My eyes glanced lowly around the rest of the class, they all were chatting happily with each other. Since the class task required you to work in a small groups, but considering I have no friends nor any volunteers that want be seen with me, I had to work on it by my self which I didn't mind as I've completed it, everyone else not so much.

"Wednesday. Four pm, your house" a low voice grumbled, startling me slightly, glancing up Jaxon's figure was already walking out of the classroom before I could say a word. Firstly Wednesday i can't do nor will it he be anywhere near my house. I have a list of things that I get bullied for, my living conditions is not something I want to add to the list. The bell rang loudly, my body was already up and running out of the room to catch up with Jaxon.

"Jaxon!" For some stupid reason I decided to shout his name with in hearing range of everyone, so in other words I just signed my death wish. The halls went quiet, making me cringe. They all looked at me as if I had lost my mind, which I'm highly considering it to be a possibility.

He turned to look at me, raising an eyebrow, the simple words that I was going to say slipped out of my mind. My eyes glancing nervously at the large crowd that is burning holes in my body with their stares. A sudden force of somebody pushing me forwards had me falling face first. Landing on my arms, which sent shots of pain up my arms with the landing.

"What would the pathetic little fag like you, have to say to, well, anyone really?" James sneered, his foot coming in contact with my side, I hissed in pain, trying to get up. I swear I hate everyone here, they all just watch like good for nothing sheep in a heard. Grumbling, I stood up wincing at the pain in my side where James so kindly kicked it.

"I can't do Wednesday and definitely not my house" I spat out before walking off, anger Bubbled inside of my stomach, I seem to be the only one suffering in that whole school. I never see anyone get bullied apart from me. I was the schools punching bag, and for what? Cause I'm gay? Honestly the lot of them make me sick.

"Gabe!" A female voice called out, hurried footsteps behind me before an hand grabbed my arm. "Gabe" Claire huffed out, halting my movements. "Are you okay? I saw what happened" she asked out concern filling her blurry features. I shook my head, before forcing out a laugh.

"Why do you care?" I asked my voice coming out harshly, not that I really cared at the moment. She looked taken back at my tone, catching her breath, before answering. "Because I like you, your my friend" she stated, shock and surprise filtered through my system but was quickly burnt out by the small fire that burned in my stomach.

"Friend? Don't give me that bull crap Claire. If a friend is only going to talk to me or care when no ones looking then I'd rather be a loner" I muttered turning away from her and continued to walk, squinting my eyes in a futile attempt to get better eyesight.

I don't know what's gotten into me, I probably just ruined everything between the one person who treats me like I'm human not a sewer rat, but I'm not going crawling back because it's the truth. Are people really your friend if their reputation means more to them then you?