Chapter ~ 13

Work || Gabriel Lewis

Cleaning, not the most fun job there is in the world  but it was something. The hours were not the greatest either but they worked for me, plus I got a nice pay check for it. I finally found a job as a cleaner at a hotel, all I needed to do was clean dishes, do laundry and sometimes clean a room. The hours were from 9pm till 1am, again not ideal but it's something.

Jaxon wasn't particularly impressed since I would be walking to and from. That was a huge benefit with living at Jaxon's, he was more in the town centre so everything was walking distance. The hotel was a ten minute walk from the apartment so it wasn't that far.

"Here. If your walking the streets in the middle of the night. You need one" Jaxon said handing me a white paper bag, the apple logo on the side of it. My eyes widened looking inside, seeing a box of a new iPhone. "Mine and Hunter's numbers are already in there, as well as Tara and my mother's since she bought it. I would of put Claire's in for you but I don't have her number." He rambled lightly.

Picking up the box I opened it to reveal the white and gold phone, pressing the button at the bottom of the screen, making it light up, a picture I never knew was taken, of me and the twins set in the background. Placing the bag down on the table beside me, I wrapped my arms around Jaxon's neck, he laughed wrapping his arms around my waist returning the hug. "You know I'll pay you back, I've got a job now" I muttered determined.

Leaning back, his hand came to grip my chin, pressing his lips to mine for a second time which put my heart in cardiac arrest . A guy like him should wear a warning, cause it's dangerous and I'm falling.

"You don't have to pay me back. You being happy and mine is enough" I'm starting to seriously doubt why people were scared of him, Jaxon is a huge softy and a sap. Nonetheless I will pay him back, if he likes it or not.

"That was puke worthy, honestly. Soon you'll be shitting rainbows" Hunter's voice came from behind me, making me laugh, turning slightly to face him. "That was nothing compared to what I had to deal with, Rocket man" Jaxon replied. I laughed at the reddening cheeks of Hunter.

"I gotta go, I don't want to be late for my third shift" I said being ballsy and pecking his cheek before slipping out of his grip, grabbing my phone. "Oh here, it's old but does the trick for now" Hunter said handing me a faded red cover for my phone, I grinned thanking him as he put it on.

"Hello Gabriel" my manger greeted, as I walked through the doors, into the warmth, allowing my body to defrost, I really need to get some better winter clothes. At least a good jacket to keep out the icy winds.

"The kitchen needs a hand till its closed, could you run a vacuum through the halls, it's silent so it won't disturb anyone. There are two rooms that need to be cleaned out up on floor 3 and 7. After that just the laundry need to be ready for tomorrow morning. Thanks" Harold said giving me a run down of my jobs I need to do today.

I nodded heading through to the staff room to place my things in a locker before heading to the kitchen, placing the bright yellow rubber gloves on and starting with the dishes that seemed to be piled up. "Oh thank god your here, we've been understaffed and busy." One of the kitchen staff said patting my shoulder.

It was all industrial and automatic so my job as dishes boy wasn't that hard, load a tray with as much as you could, place it in, pull the lid down and dry things from the last run, repeat. Easy.

The vacuuming was easy too and took me a few minutes on each floor, I ended up doing the rooms while I was on the respective floors.
The laundry wasn't hard either, just putting sheets and towels in large washing machines and dryers and pressing start, by the time the cycles Finnish I would almost be done folding the last.