Chapter ~ 8

Furious || Gabriel Lewis

Mother Nature is a Regina George. It poured down all weekend having small spots of wet snow but for the most part it was raining, sadly unlike The Weather Girls's song 'raining men' it was only water, cold water that leaked all through the house. On the bright side I found a use for all the empty beer bottles.

Nothing much happened, I completed some homework including the English assignment, father left the house in the morning but I'm not completely sure on if he went to his weekend work down at the abattoir, he hasn't stoped drinking which worried me as he has been very vocal, which I can handle but the twins not so much.

Last night Mother Nature decided to give the reins to Elsa as it snowed heavily the whole night, the twins didn't bother going to their own beds, climing straight into mine with long pants and comfy jumpers on to battle the cold, I did the same, wearing Jaxon's sweatpants that if I'm honest I lived in for the past two days, and a jumper.

How I wished I was in Jaxon's warm, comfortable bed, not my own cheep old uncomfortable thing. The snow didn't let up in the morning, I wasn't even sure how we would make it to school and back. Our winter clothes and shoes aren't the best of quality so we would be soaked and most likely frozen by the time we got there.

A ringtone sounded loudly by my bedside table, scaring me half out of my skin, looking over I noticed Hunters name flash across the screen. Grabbing the phone I slid my finger over the screen, before bringing the phone up to my ear.
"be ready in an hour" Jaxon said before the line went dead, I didn't even get a hello in.  Be ready for what? Is he going to pick me up? Why though?

Usually I would need to leave in 10 minutes, specially in this sort of weather to get to school on time. The phone buzzed again explaining in text that he would be picking me up for school, which I was thankful for since I'm definitely not going to walk in this weather.

"Why are you still here boy?" My father grumbled walking in, a new six pack of beer in his hands. Pushing the door shut with some force before it slammed, rattling the windows slightly.

"My friend is driving me" I answered slightly weary of my father, he never usually calls me boy, it was alway son, or my name. Never boy, seems like that's the only name he knows since mother died.  Grumbling under his breath, he walked past me, bumping into my shoulder as he made his way to the couch. "Dont you have work?" I asked knowing that his shift at the car yards would have already started. Snow never stoped him before. "I quit" he grumbled.

My head was spinning. What the hell! The day work at the slaughterhouse is not going pay all the bills or put food on on the table, specially with him waisting money on beer. "Are you serious right now?!" I yelled fuming at the man who is not only throwing his life away but endangering his kids.

"We are in debt and you decide to quit your job? Are you fucking with me right now?" I growled, swearing for the first time since forever. "We are in financial debt, you lost your last job. Two things you never thought to tell me! So your answer to this is quit your other job and waist the money we could be spending on surviving another day on beer!" I yelled furious at him.  How dare he! I don't get to grieve over my mother and throw my life away, so my father sure as hell cant.

"Mums gone! She is never coming back! If she did she would be disgusted! You are pathetic! We all miss her, she was important to us as well you know.  Pull your self together before you lose your children too!" I threatened, I don't how but I will take my siblings away from my father if he doesn't get his act together, I will not let them watch and think that turning to alcohol is the answer.

I was to slow to react, the punch to my cheek, knocked me off my feet. My jaw throbbed painfully, my heart dropped knowing that the father I once knew is no longer there, once was an accident, second time is a choice. The pain in my heart was the same pain when I lost my mother, cause I know I lost my father too that day. He is gone and there is nothing I can do apart from do what I've always done and have vowed to always do. Take care of my siblings.