Chapter ~ 17

Love || Gabriel Lewis

Home is where the heart is, that's what they say and it's partly true. Unfortunately my heart is behind bars at the moment serving 2 weeks for bashing James up, but the injuries were no where near as bad as mine.

My father has landed himself  7 years in jail, for the charges against him. Apparently he stuck his foot into some drug ring, which was how he survived financially for the past few months, delivering drugs to people, he even got a (stolen)car.

Opening the door, my eyes widened at the group of people who were there. "Happy Birthday Babe" Jaxon said making my head spin slightly in confusion, I thought he was locked up?

"Okay so maybe i bent the truth slightly. Maybe it was only one week instead of two and he might of gotten out yesterday." Hunter said as he walked passed a smirk plastered on his face. I rolled my eyes and laughed lightly since my ribs were bruised, laughing can be quiet painful at the moment.

The twins ran past me and engulfed Jaxon in a hug, commenting on his absences. Laughing he picked them both up, pressing kisses to their cheeks. "hey kiddos" he greeted placing them
on the ground once again. Satisfied with the greeting they wondered off, Jaxon's eyes following them with a small smile, shaking his head his beautiful eyes finally looked up at me.

I smiled, I always thought Jaxon would be a good father, he is amazing with the twins and children, I love watching his soft side come out.
Walking, well limping slightly towards the perfect looking boy. "Happy birthday babe" he said softly his arms wrapping around my waist, his lips pressing to mine, I smile wrapping my arms around his neck.

It wasn't a surprise when Hunter ruined the moment, telling us to get a room. Honestly sounds like an awesome idea but not today. 

The small party was fun, though I was drowsy from the medication that I was on, but I enjoyed talking to everyone. My eyes widened when they started giving me gifts, i never expected people to remember my birthday let alone give me gifts.

The gifts were thankfully small, so I didn't feel overly awkward accepting them. The twins decorated a mug with 'best brother'  written on it, one half was Lilly's design and the other Jack's. 

I wasn't expecting Holly and Kane to give me anything considering their family has already done so much for me. I couldn't possible accept a gift, but I was forced into accepting the new iPhone, since my last one, was smashed beyond repair from the attack.

Hunter handed me a wrapped box, I glanced in side, my cheeks growing warm as i closed the box I glared at Hunter half heartedly, he laughed loudly.

Tara gave me a box filled with salts, candles, bathbombs and soaps, since it was her family business in making them. The twins already putting dibs on the bathbombs they wanted which I knew will be used for them anyway.

Claire handed me a beautiful drawing, which brought tears to my eyes. It was a drawing of my mother before she got sick. It was of a photo that Jaxon sent through to her. I gave her a hug thanking her multiple times. Claire is quiet the artist.

Jaxon just smiled at me, pressing a kiss to my cheek. I thanked everyone once more as people started to leave. The twins said their goodbyes since they were sleeping at Holly and Kane's Home. It felt weird not having them around, not saying goodnight or tucking them in.

They had to stay at Holly and Kane until the paper work is finalised, after that we can make some sort of plan to spilt their time being with me and with them.

▫️▪️▫️

"I'm sorry to hear that Gabriel" Harold, my manager said genuinely, his mouth pulled into a straight line. I've missed almost three weeks of work with out any explanation, so as you can figure I lost my job. Today is the first day that Jaxon allowed me to take a step out side the apartment, I figured I better beg for my job back.