Chapter ~ 3

Unexpected || Gabriel Lewis

Bad decisions, if it was an Olympic sport I'd win gold with no real competition. Like when I was seven, we had a cat called Garfield. I'm guessing rolling in dirt and mud must of been it's favourite past-time apart from sleeping for this overweight cat cause it always came home covered in dirt, and stunk too.

So being the smart and helpful child I was, I decided to give the cat a wash, one it will never forget. Let's just say, Garfield was traumatised, he never stepped foot in the bathroom again and had a irrational fear of flushing toilets.
It was a childhood mystery on why that cat never liked me after that.

Today, my first bad decision, which started the avalanche horrible decisions was waking up. I know one would think the art of waking up could almost be impossible to stuff up but in my case I should of continued to sleep. Coming in close second place, would be going to school, that decision ultimately was me digging my own grave, School was a suicide mission.

I bit my bottom lip, holding in the groan of pain that so badly wanted to escape my mouth. I guess the school wasn't over my poor misjudgment of the consequences with talking to their royal high-ass. My arms were shielding my face, keeping them from smashing the second pair of my glasses this week. It was only Tuesday.

The two pairs of hands that were holding my arms tightly so I wouldn't run and holding my weight up against the lockers as James continues his assault of punches to my stomach. The heavenly sound of the bell, echoed loudly through the halls, saving me from anymore abuse this morning. The two apes holding me up let go, allowing me to collapse to the ground with as much grace as falling sack of potatoes.

Once last kick to the stomach, made the cry of pain escape, in response laughter. It hurt everywhere, standing at that moment was not an option since my torso screamed pain from the beating.

This was the worst it's ever been. I never got bashed up, I got name calling which is easy to ignore and some pushing around, a ball aimed for me in sports sometime but never a real beating like today.

The worst part of the whole thing is that no one cared. No one would notice my absence in class, or even help, they watch and walk away like nothing ever happened, if anyone asked, they all would shrug and carry on with life, not batting an eyelid if it doesn't concern them.

My parents wouldn't even know, they both have enough on their plate then to worry about me or the twins for that matter, that was my job. Mum counted her days in a hospital bed, Dad paid the bills and I take care of the twins, making sure they are as happy as can be so they don't end up like me. Depressed and lonely.

Managing to get my self sitting, leaning against the lockers. lifting my shirt, glancing down at my torso, cuts from the ring he was wearing littered my already red skin, no doubt becoming bruises. The kick from yesterday has become a nice bruise.

"The fuck happened to you?" A familiar voice snapped, straightening my glasses I looked up seeing Jaxon looking down at me, his face slightly cut up from what ever happened yesterday.

"What does it look like?" I grumble figuring my day wouldn't be getting any better and getting knocked out sounds like heaven right now. Getting up was a painful experience that had tears stinging my eyes. When hell freezes over will I cry in front of Jaxon Coles.

My body was still leaning heavily on the lockers  behind me, I half wondered what Jaxon was still doing in front of me, it struck me that I might be in front of his locker. Cringing as I limped out of the way of the locker I was blocking.