Three Months Alone

SAMS POV, THREE MONTHS AFTER CARLY'S DEPARTURE

After Carly went to Italy with her father, Seattle was never the same. At least, not for me, Freddie, or Spencer. It was duller, and even our brightest days were the darkest without the brunettes natural light to beam on us.

Freddie and I sat in the Groovy Smoothie, waiting for our bulging banana shakes. I took a natural comfort in Freddie's dorky presence. We had been dating for a few months now, but I was never truly happy. Not because Freddie wasn't good enough, but because Carly wasn't here to make fun of us.

We occasionally texted her, and Skyped once or twice, but Carly was busy living Italian life. Our time zones were so different, she was so different. She spoke fluent Italian now, which didn't surprise me or Freddie. She was always smart enough to do things like this.

"Two bulging banana shakes, for the nub and Puckett!" T-Bo yelled, even though we sat right in front of him. Freddie got up, took the shakes into his skilled hands, and brought them to our table.

"Hey guys, I have a surprise for you both." T-Bo said, getting our ears to perk up. T-Bo's funky surprises are part of what kept us fresh, and out of a depressive slump.

He dramatically pulled two sticks out from behind his back, revealing condoms in golden wrappers, stuck through a stick.

"Condoms on a stick?!" He exclaimed in a question like manner, earning only a laugh from me. Freddie was self conscious about our sex life, but I was an open book.

I got up from our table and grabbed two condoms off the stick, on the house of course. He smirked and turned back away, to continue making smoothies.

I placed the condoms in my backpack as a reminder of a time I managed to laugh since Carly left. I had kept count, this was time thirty five.

Thirty five in three months.

I sighed again, going back into a neutral state.

We finished up our smoothies, and headed out of the building. Spencer had told us several times over the week that we needed to come over and see his newest sculpture. He said his muse was "a smoothie so good, it'll leave your lips moist and your heart craving more of that sweet flavored satisfaction."

We assumed it was of a penis.

We passed a drunken, passed out Lewbert, and headed up the elevator.

If I am going to be completely honest, Freddie and I avoided seeing Spencer most of the time. Without Carly's grounded, mature mind, he had started to go a little bit crazy. He shaved his head, and started talking an insane amount about enchiladas and watching dora with a sassy black woman. We assumed this was his awful way of coping.

The elevator dinged, and opened up on our floor. Freddie knocked on the Shay residences door, just to have no answer. He groaned and knocked harder, using all the strength in his body.

"I'm going to break the door down." I said, backing up into Freddie's door across the hall.

"And how did this situation escalate so quickly?" Freddie asked me, connecting his eyes with mine.

"Spencer's gone insane, we don't know why he could possibly not be opening the door." I replied, keeping my eyes in contact with his.