Meet the Team

"Sam, it's getting late and we aren't there yet. Don't you think we should stop at a hotel and get some rest?" Freddie asked, continuing to keep his eyes on the road.

"If we stop now, Carly could die overnight! Are you stupid?" I said, making his face twist up. He hated having his intelligence insulted, but I was so angry so I really didn't care.

After another half hour, we arrived in front of the government building. It was around 9:30, which Freddie noted meant that everyone was pretty much home by then. Once again, I told him to shut up.

I walked into the building, and was greeted by armed guards and metal detectors. We were pat down and had our bags throughly checked.

"What are you here for?" One of the guards asked as she pat me down.

"My friend was kidnapped in Italy." I said causally, trying not to express how damaged I was.

"Oh, right." She replied, letting us both through. Freddie and I didn't have the slightest idea where the hell we were heading. We saw a doctor like directory sign hanging on the wall and took a look at it. A cheap sticker was placed over the top name.

"What's the Behavioral Analysis Unit?" I asked, glancing over to Freddie.

"I don't know, but they're on the highest floor and I wanna have a long elevator trip so let's go." Freddie said, and with that, running over to the elevators.

"I don't feel like you're taking this very seriously." I said, standing away from him in the elevator.

"You know how I feel about Carly, of course I'm serious." Freddie scoffed, looking at me in disbelief.

"Of course I know how you feel, since you pined after her for years." I mumbled, thinking back at Freddie's desperate antics. I sometimes would question the legitimacy of our relationship, if maybe he was only with me because I was the closet person to Carly behind Spencer.

The elevator opened, revealing the BAU's office. The room was mostly dark, except for a tiny lit up office.

"Someone might be in there." I replied, walking inside. Freddie cautioned that we probably weren't welcomed to just waltz inside, but I ignored him.

We passed a few desks, walked up a few stairs, and knocked on the office door.

A pretty, blonde woman opened it and looked at us in confusion.

Before she could speak, I butted in.

"I'm Sam Puckett, this is Freddie Benson. My best friend was kidnapped in Italy and I need the FBI's help."

"You're supposed to file a report to me indirectly, we come to you. I understand you must be very shaken up right now, but this is not how we do our business. If you could type up a report and get it to me, I could go through it and decide if our team will be on your case. Since it is outside of our country, I'm not positive we are allowed on a case even if the subject is a U.S. citizen. Besides, my team isn't permanently placed here, we've only been here on an extended case... " She told me, making me angry. I had drove all the way out here for a reason, not to be turned away.

"Do you know Carly Shay?" I asked.

"Of iCarly? Yeah, of course, I watched it everyday." She replied, seeming like she was thinking back on that simpler time.