The Mystery Man

SAMS POV

A beautiful girl sat down at the table. She looked a bit like Carly, except with blonde hair. Seeing her face look so similar to my lost best friend instantly put me in a bad mood. Gíbbé introduced her as the boys sex slave, and the meeting moved on.

I talked everyone into a nice, traditional funeral. It was the least I could do, both for Mr. Shay and for Carly. Penelope was disgruntled and noticeably agitated, which seemed odd from what I had seen from her personality before.

"Sorry, I'm just nauseous. I've thrown up everyday for the last four mornings. I think this case is taking a toll on me." Penelope confessed. Her boyfriends whispered sweet words into her ears and massaged her shoulders to get her to calm down. She shut her eyes and leaned back in bliss.

They seemed so happy together, I thought. Freddie sat across the table from me conversing with Reid. We had barely talked the whole time we'd been in Italy. It was a tense time, it almost just hurt to much to even talk to him. I couldn't, not without knowing Carly was safe.

"Alright, I have to make some calls to get this all in order." JJ announced, leaving the room. We all drifted out after awhile, not quite sure what to do for the rest of the day. The case had hit a dead spot and Mr. Shay was a literal dead spot, so what else was there to do?

"Hey, Gíbbé, what're you up to? Do you have anymore weed?" I asked, figuring I'd fill the day with that.

"Nope, sorry. James confused it for catnip and fed it to his cat. Besides, I'm busy right now. I'm working on another Gibby diss track." Gíbbé said.

"Ooh, a Gibby diss track? I bet your rapping is so hot!" Y/N flirted, I rolled my eyes. As if she ever had a chance with the god like Gíbbé.

"I haven't heard the Gibby diss track, mind pulling it up?" I asked, he nodded. In only a few moments I saw the familiar face pop up on my screen, flaunting a swaggy ass outfit and a Ferrari just in the first few seconds of the music video.

"Hey yo, Gíbbé, you're so shitty! We all know the Gibby squad is the most damn litty! You wouldn't survive a day out in my city, even the homeless people would think that you're a pity! You's a laughing stock, who ain't got no stock, poor as fuck, titty." Gibby rapped on the screen, as Gíbbé watched in disgust.

"Wow, he really got you," I said.

"Yeah, that titty line was really good. I have to write now, see ya later, Sam." Gíbbé concluded, then returning to roughly typing on his keyboard. I awkwardly hustled out, not even knowing where Freddie had gone.

The day ended eventually, and JJ called to announce the funeral was planned and in order. Mr. Shay was a big deal out in the Italian Military, so the government offered to throw a parade in his honored. JJ also arranged for proper attire to be sent to our hotel rooms the next morning.

"Did you hear, Freddie?" I turned around, after hanging up the call. I had put her on speaker phone so both me and Freddie could hear her. "Freddie?"

He was passed out and snoring on the bed.

"Oh right, it's 7:30. Bedtime." I sighed, fiddling with my phone in my lap. Freddie and I had said a total of four words to each other that day: good morning and good night.