Chapter 16: Apple's POV

I seriously cannot believe Adam went to Harvard. How the fuck? I watch him as he sleeps, snoring lightly with his arm curled around a little stuffed sheep. The blue silk sheets envelop him like an ocean.

    Chester has settled into the recliner by his bed, allowing me the air mattress that he usually slept on. Such a gentleman.

    "Chester, do you sleep right after he does?"

    Chester shook his head. "I stay up for hours, talking shit about him to my family back in...uh....London. It's the only way I stay sane."

    "It doesn't bother him?"

    "Adam can't hear anything when he's asleep. The fire alarm went off and he snored right through it. Once, I accidentally dropped a stick of dynamite on the floor, and he didn't even open his eyes. Adam is as clueless when he's asleep than when he's awake. I'm so glad you're here Apple, I need someone to talk to."

I smiled. "So did I Chester. My roommate Alyssa never listened to me."

Chester hands me a mug of tea. It feels warm, much like my new friendship with Chester.

    "I didn't expect him to be a Harvard alumni."

Chester sighed before spilling the tea.

"Yes he really did graduate from Harvard. I doubt he did his own work, he most likely paid someone else to. And of course he only got in because his mother was an alumni, who had connections to everyone and everything."

"What about Adam's father?"

Chester shrugged. "I've never heard of him. I think his name is Andrew, but other than that, I have no clue who he is."

I snorted. "I'm sorry I still can't get over the fact that he actually went to Harvard."

"It's true, that's where he met Sofia."

"Who is Sofia?"

"His ex wife."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------