Chapter 24: Still Apple's POV

After Chester dressed Adam, he performed the nightly beauty treatment (consisting of water from Japan, mashed potatoes, a face mask made of $100 bills, a Costco croissant, and a special face cream made out of fine Saharan sand and extracts from top quality German grapes, among other things). I pretended to stare at a potted plant while actually ogling Adam's abs. Seriously can you blame me? I think the fuck not.

"Hey Chester, don't forget to pick up my suit for the gala tomorrow night." Said the hottie who I think I'm supposed to hate at this point of the plot.

"Of course sir, I have already messaged the cleaners to have it ready by the time we land back in New York." Replied Chester calmly.

"What gala Sir?" I asked curiously.

Adam looked shocked, his full brows arching up in surprise. "I must have forgotten to tell Chester to tell you. It's the annual gala my mother hosts to raise money for...uh... help me out Chester..."

"The underprivileged," said Chester.

Adam nodded. "Yes poor people."

"It's actually a big deal in New York, it's one of the most anticipated events of the year," added Chester, cleaning up the mashed potatoes.

"My mom is so looking forward to meeting you," said Adam, relaxing in his bed.

"What now?"

"Oh I must have forgotten to tell you again. You are going to be my date, and you will meet my mother. Goodnight Apple! Goodnight Chester!"

And with that, my billionaire boss fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, it's certainly been a very long day," said Chester, setting on the couch while I got the bed opposite Adam's bed.

"I can't believe it's you Alexei," I sighed giving him a fond smile. Through the darkness, I could see his wide, dimpled smile, the way he used to smile when booping the moosen back in Alaska.

My eyes slowly shut, and before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

"Good night Apple," was the last thing I heard before drifting off to dreamland.

But it was not a good night. I had a nightmare.

I was in the middle of a dark hallway, the only light spilling from a door at the end. With a sinking feeling in my heart, I approach the open door.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" I whisper, my voice shaking. There is no reply.

Trembling, I reach out and open the door, stepping inside. On the bed, lies a single cheese stick.

"Apple..." It called to me. "Apple..."

"Yes my love?" I say though emerging tears.

"Why have you betrayed me?" Asked the cheese stick. "Why...why....why... porque? Why?"

You know you fucked up when a cheese stick expresses disappointment in you in Spanish.

With a scream, I turned around and tried to run out of the room but my path was blocked my an army of cheese sticks, crying "How could you abandon us Apple...how..."

The next thing I knew, Chester was shaking me awake.

"Apple it's all right," he soothed. "It's just a bad dream. You're ok."

I took a shuddering breath of relief.

"Wanna talk about it?" Asked Chester softly. "What was it about?"

I hesitated. "Accidentally showing up to school naked."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------