Chapter 32: Adam's POV

I got so emotional after the emotional reunion with my dad. I can't believe I'm actually Hobbes' son! That puts the end to the mysterious mystery as to who my father is.

As my parents talked to each other, I approached Apple.

"Hey Apple," I said, as it is customary to greet people you know.

"Hi Adam," she responds.

"Care to dance?" I question, questioningly.

Smiling, she takes my outstretched arm and we make our way to the dance floor. I held Apple close in my arms, and he leaned her head on my shoulder, against my neck. I love the way her hair smelled and the warm feeling of her pressed up against me. I realized something I had hidden from myself for so long- I was finally able to move on from Sofia. Apple was most definitely the love of my life.

"Apple?" I whisper in her ear lovingly.

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

She stares into my orbs, beaming. I leaned in and kissed her passionately in French.

I never wanted the kiss to end, but eventually we both had to breathe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Adam?" Murmured Apple softly in my ear. I love it when she calls me by my name, instead of "Sir."

"What is it, mi amor?" I reply sexily.

"Chester told me about...Sofia."

Wow that insolent washing machine. How could he divulge such a secret? I broke into a cold sweat, wondering if Apple knew about Stefano.

"What about Sofia?" I asked

"Well...Chester said you were pretty heartbroken after the breakup and did nothing but sleep, cry, and eat ice cream."

This was accurate. But am pleased to say that I did not gain any additional weight due to this practice, since I ordered Chester to smash my scale with a hammer.

"Sofia is history," I respond. "I feel nothing for her anymore.  Nothing else matters now but you, my love," I kiss Apple again.

It felt like we were the only two people in the world. With Apple by my side, I felt like I could conquer the world. I desperately wanted to tell her about The Incident though, but I fear that she will leave me if I tell her. Or maybe not, since I am a billionaire after all.

"Apple," I sigh. "There's something you need to know..."

Before I could spill the secret of my dark past to her, she turned around.

I followed Apple's line of sight, and my eyes came to rest on a figure in a red gown with her luxurious hair in an updo, and a pair of diamond earrings hanging from her ears.

My eyes gasped, my brain dilated, and my liver beat faster.

Sofia was back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you panickedsociety for the new cover! I love it so much ❤️
Also credits to @DoodlyBooby for coming up with "you insolent washing machine" back in Ch 25!