Chapter 18: Adam's POV

I woke up feeling nice and refreshed.

I reach over for my bullhorn, but there is no need, Chester is right next to me, dutifully removing the blankets.

"Chester, what would I do without you?" I ask. It's a rhetorical questions of course- if Chester didn't work for me I'd find another different dude, change his name to Chester, and force him to adopt a British accent.

Apple walks in, carrying my breakfast of gold encrusted waffles and an orange juice infused orange juice.

"Did you sleep well sir?" She asks. There's something in her eyes. I think she is hiding something.

"Apple there is something in your eyes. I think you are hiding something," I tell her.

"Oh... my contact is coming loose," she said hurriedly, adjusting the lens of her eye orb.

After my nutritious breakfast, Chester carries me to the shower, where I showered. Recently, I have realized that I would like to have some "shower thoughts" so I ordered Chester to think for me in the shower.

"Sir," says Chester. "Did they name the fruit orange after the color orange, or did they name the color orange after the fruit orange?"

My world came to a standstill. I slammed myself against the shower wall, feeling like an electric shock had run through my hot af body.

"Sir? Are you all right?" Asks Chester.

I cannot reply. I made some sort of incoherent noise.

"Sir, are you practicing your Icelandic phrases?" Asked Chester.

My mind feels numb. Did they name the fruit orange after the color orange, or did they name the color orange after the fruit orange?  What is the truth anymore? What is the meaning of life?

A few hours after my shower, I lay on the couch as Chester placed a wet washcloth on my forehead and placed aspirin in my mouth. Did they name the fruit orange after the color orange, or did they name the color orange after the fruit orange?

Apple peeks into the living room. "Sir, are you all right?"

"He's fine," says Chester. "He just gets pretty bad headaches when he thinks too hard. Unfortunately my shower thought of today proved to be too thought provoking for Adam."

"No part of that sentence made sense Chester," mumbles Apple before ducking back into the kitchen.

"I don't think Apple is the sharpest knife in the place where they keep knives," I whisper discreetly to Chester.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------