Chapter 34: Adam's POV

Oh my God I am literally crying. I can't even right now. As I remembered Stefano, I couldn't help but burst into tears. He was more than a fish to me, he was a friend. I still remember the way he used to swim around his little Gucci bowl. He was so talented, a much better swimmer than most fish. He wasn't even that old, he was only 11 in human years and 1 in fish years.

I used to practice my fishtalk on him, and tried to teach him some tricks. That fateful day, when I returned home, I found him upside down in the water.

"Good boy!" I cried, thinking he was playing dead like I tried to get him to do for the last 11 years. But alas, he did not stir. As the chilling truth sunk in, I freaked out and yelled for Sofia.

I still can't believe it. Sofia was always trying to get me to spend more time with her. She said I never paid any attention to her, and all I cared about was "that stupid fish." I'm not an idiot. I put two and four together and understood perfectly well what had happened. My jealous wife had drowned my fish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You killed Stefano!" I sobbed in my living room. "You drowned him out of jealous rage. How could you Sofia? How could you?"

Sofia was starting to tear up too. "Oh honey, don't cry, come here," she said pulling me towards her. Leaning my head on her shoulder, I sobbed into her neck as she rubbed my back. Slowly, she sat down on the sofa and I lay my head on her lap, trying my best to ruin her dress with my tears. It's the least I could do to avenge Stefano.

"Adam," she says gently, running her fingers through my hair. God I loved when she did that. I missed her so much.

"You have to believe me, I would never do something like that. I loved that fish, he was a much better listener than you."

She had a point there.

"Also...I can explain the Adrian thing."

"Explain," I sniffled.

"You and him are twins right? When he came over I thought he was you. I hadn't seen you in a while so I mistook him for you, and that's how I ended up cheating."

I felt like I just had an epiphany. Of course! How could I be so stupid! It's so easy to confuse twins, even fraternal ones like me and Adrian. I confuse Isabeth with Juandrew all the time! Sofia had never betrayed me after all!!

"Oh Sofia, I am so sorry about everything. I'm sorry I never paid attention to you. I don't know why I acted the way I did, because after you left I felt like life wasn't worth living anymore."

At this point, I was pretty sick of crying so out of habit, I yelled "Chester, I order you to cry for me!"

"Where is Chester by the way?" Asked Sofia.

"I'm not sure actually." I say. "#FindChester2k18" I whisper under my breath.

Speaking of hashtags, I intend to start a movement in memory of Stefano. Please tweet or Instagram #dicksoutforstefano to show your support.

"Adam? Sweetie?" Asked Sofia, laying a hand on my forehead. "Are you all right? Are you breaking the fourth wall?"

Damn looks like I am. While I'm at it, let me just tell you guys something. Hi!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------