Chapter 31: Apple's POV

For a while, nobody spoke. We all just stared at each other.

Adam's eyes bulged out. "You... are my... father?"

"I am your father," repeated Hobbes slowly.

"But...but...mommy what's going on?" Adam looked like he was on the verge of tears. No doubt those nonexistent pregnancy hormones were wreaking havoc on his internal state.

Elizabeth sighed. "There's a reason you and Adrian never met your father. A long long time ago, I was a young, broke nanny. I applied for a job to take care of a billionaire's kids. But as it turned out, this billionaire was actually the leader of a several gangs and also the mafia. So naturally I became The Mafia Leader's Possession™ but then I realized that lifestyle wasn't for me so I started my own business and became a billionaire."

Adam's mom is so inspiring! I totally relate to her. This actually reminds me of high school, when The Bad Boy® Stole™ My Dignity and my *Insert article of undergarment of your choice here*©.

Andrew looked pissed off. "I lost all my wealth after I lost the mafia and my gang members."

"How did you lose them?" Asked Adam.

"We went on our annual trip to Vegas and I got wasted and lost them. It's been over 20 years and I still haven't been able to find a single one of my goons. Ever since then, I've been stalking Elizabeth's business. After she made you CEO, I decided to kill you and take over the company and be rich again."

"Your plan didn't work," said Elizabeth smugly. "My Adam is way too smart to fall for your little tricks."

Andrew mumbled something under his breath that no one could hear.

"What was that?" Asked Elizabeth.

"I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling butler and that dumb maid!"

"Speaking of which, where is Chester?" Asked Elizabeth.

"Chester quit." Said Adam sadly.

"I'm going to go find him," said Elizabeth, walking out of the room.

"Good. I need him now more than ever." Said Adam.

If you ask me,Adam needs more than Chester, I think he needs professional help but I didn't say that out loud.

Adam looked livid. He turned to Andrew. "What kind of father are you? How could you even think about killing someone as awesome as me?"

Andrew looked ashamed. "I'm sorry son, I promise I will never try to kill you again. Can you ever forgive me?"

Adam beamed. "Of course I can, dad!"

The two men embraced, as everyone around us burst into applause.

The cops un-handcuffed Andrew and left.

My beautiful blue orbs filled with tears at the moving sight, because girls with brown eyes don't exist in our world, except for all those spunky heroines who look exactly like Selena Gomez.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------