No Pepperoni, Please

"You didn't order any pepperoni, did you?" Whizzer's voice was clearly expected he had, and as so, was dripping with his usual snarky, sarcastic tone. He limply swung his purple jacket on, leaning on the bed as he waited for an answer.

Marvin smiled slyly as he shoved his phone in his pocket. "What would you do if I did?" Marvin raised an eyebrow as his eyes flickered with a devilish joy.

"Shut up," Whizzer said, trying to hold back a little ironic chuckle. "You're a real douche, you know that?"

Marvin's smile only grew. "I'm the biggest douche in the universe, and hey, I'm hella proud." Whizzer scoffed. "I really don't think you should be."

Marvin shrugged. "I didn't ask for your opinion, sweetheart." Whizzer launched himself closer to his boyfriend by pushing himself off the bed with his foot. "Maybe you should get into that habit."

Marvin's smile disappeared pretty quick from there. "Oh, who's the douche now, Whiz?" Whizzer rolled his eyes. "Not me. I'm too stylish to be a douche."

Marvin stepped towards his boyfriend, slowly grabbing and squeezing his hands. "Tell that to your hideous suit."

Whizzer shoved him away, disgusted. "You should talk, buddy boy. Now let's get going, I want a hot pizza, not a cold, cheesy lump."

Marvin shot his hands up, as if they were some sort of shield. "Okay, okay, let's go. Where are the keys?"

Whizzer's frown grew wider, and would probably be considered as a grimace at this point. "How the hell should I know? You're the one always driving that garbage heap of a car."

Marvin sighed. "Give em' here, Whiz."

Whizzer pouted, but reclauntly yanked them out of them his pants pocket. "Here." He tossed them over, Marvin easily catching them in the middle of his palm.

"Let's go, kid. Don't want a cheesy lump after all."

"Hey, no making fun of me!! They honestly do turn into those."

"Whatever."

The two lovers make their way out of the bedroom, making some final touches on their outwards appearances, although they were only going out to pizza, and they didn't exactly have to be dressed up for that.

As they headed out the front door, Marvin's phone buzzed in his pocket. "Go ahead, Whiz. I'll meet ya in the car."

"Okay, sweetie. Don't be too long. Once you're on that thing, you always get drawn in by a million things."

"That's not true!" Marvin whined, although he knew it was. There was honestly no reason to deny that, other to protect his huge ego. "Now get in the car, you hot moron."

"Hey," Whizzer said, as he skipped down the front door stairs. "At least I'm smarter than you." Then, after a brief chuckle with himself, he quickly added, "Although that doesn't take much!"

Marvin forced a gag. "What bullcrap," he snapped. "Now get in that stupid car, like I said!"

Whizzer slid into the car, and as he did, he yelled a final reminder. "No getting distracted! You make fun of me, but the lumps are real!"

With a final curse of his lover's sarcasm, Marvin pulled out his phone and his eyes widened at what he saw. A text from Jason. His son hardly ever texted, expect angry curses at how late he was for picking him up from baseball, which was rarely his fault. (Or that's what he naively believed)

The bright, electronic glow shined as his face in contrast of the Pepsi black sky as Marvin's now large, shocked eyes read the text: Hey, dad. Hows Whizzer?

The question confused him. Was Whizzer okay? Not only that, but he kinda felt insulted that his son texted him and asked how his boyfriend was. But nevertheless, he responded respectfully.

Hey, kid, he's okay. Why do you ask?

With one last confused glance at what his son had said and his response, he shoved his phone in his pants and hurried off to the car. Slipping into the driver's seat and closing the dirty door with a slam, he looked directly into his partner's eyes.

"Hey, Whizzer, um..." A slimy lump rose in Marvin's throat, and he had to force himself to swallow it whole. "...are you okay?"

Whizzer seemed turned off by that question, like it threw him for a loop. "Yeah, yeah, of course, Marvy," he said, flashing his adorable cocky grin, which showed off his perfectly white teeth. Something about his tone and smile seemed forced though, and even a geeky socially awkward gay like Marvin could tell something was wrong.

"Whizzer." Marvin's voice was serious and cool now, and he really meant business. "Jason texted me. He asked if you were okay. What did you tell him?"

That last phrase seemed more of an accusation than a question, and his voice was a fierce snappish whip, and it clearly hurt Whizzer. But this time, that was a good thing.

"I...I..."

Marvin leaned forward, waiting. He was getting scared, and small drops of crystal sweat began to form on his forehead.

Whizzer looked at the ground, his face dark with a lingering sadness that was just a few seconds ago hidden away in his smile. A few seconds of defeated, seemingly unsolvable horrible silence ticked by, only to be interrupted by a small, muffled noise from Whizzer. He was...no, it couldn't be. Marvin's eyes began to swell up, scared and now even more concerned than ever. Wrapping his wimpy, meaty arm around his partner's neck, he leaned in inches from his partner's fallen and now tear covered face. "You can tell me anything, my--"

"I'm sick, Marvin." The words flew out, and were like sour stomach twisting spit bullets. Marvin turned an almost cartoony red.

"With...with what?"

"I don't know...no one does....it's....it's..."

Marvin embraced him. "Sweetie, sweetie, calm down...I'm here...sick or not, I'll stay with you..."

Whizzer's crying became louder. "It's not that I'm afraid of. It's a...deadly disease."

Marvin suddenly understood. "You're afraid of dying?"

Whizzer slowly nodded.

"Well listen here," Marvin said, his voice very stern like a true father. "You're not gonna die any time soon. Not on my watch. We're gonna be together, forever, and most importantly...with pizza on our side."

Whizzer looked up, his hair messy, his face red, and most sad, his face stained with half smudged fat tears. "That sound lovely."

Marvin grinned, his face relaxed and soft. "Not as lovely as you."

Whizzer's face relaxed too. "You're too kind."

A soft, almost calming silence went by, less tense than the last silence that had come before.

"I love you, Marvin."

The phrase surprised Marvin, and he leaned back from his partner's embrace, and looked at him, jaw dropped and eyes glazed over with a glassy look, like a shining mirror.

"I...I love you too, Whizzer."

And with that, Marvin started the car on the journey to get their lumpy cold pizza, his partner comforted and his mouth curved up in one of the biggest grins that had been placed there in a long, long time.