4) A tree cut off from the rest of its kind

Today was Friday and I felt great, not because it was the last day until the weekend, but because...

I just felt great in general.

My concussion had finally subsided into the abyss of my mind and I felt as good as new. My memories of chapter 2 and the note were still unknown to me at the time, I was none the wiser.

I was already at school, ready to face it head-on.

Hopefully, I don't face a ball head-on...

I just made a joke...

...

I'm back bitches!

I shook my head and breathed in

Positive thoughts,

And breathed out,

Positive thoughts,

Positive thoughts flooded the four corners of my brain.

I was quite happy... if you couldn't already tell

'Why?' You ask. Because I'm looking after a new child. I haven't been told the specifics but whenever I had a new child to babysit I felt... proud.

You see, when I started off, I was seen as nothing more than a teen looking for a bit of pocket money, but that's when Mrs Edwin (Idaia) came into the picture.

"Hey Phillip, Idaia asked if you could look after her kids for her while she's at work. You wouldn't mind would you?"

That simple question, asked by my mom, would lead to me down a road of becoming the towns...

'Local babysitter'

...

Okay, it's not the best title ever but it was better than 'Pedophill'

Anyway, word spread from mother to mother all around the town, with positive feedback smothered all over. All the praise of my treatment of each of their kids gained me more and more attraction and by the end...

It got boring.

Everyone knew me and I knew all of their kids. Thanks to my strange ability and getting to know them, none of the children acted bratty or obnoxious.

There wasn't a challenge.

That's why it had been getting boring as of late. But this was different,

A new child. One I've never heard of before...

Rainier

That's all I had to go off. My mom mentioned the second name to me yesterday. There was a woman, that she referred to as Mrs Rainer, who wanted me to babysit her son for a few hours after school.

I immediately jumped for it.

This was a chance to experience the hook I first felt when starting out. It was like an addictive drug, once I experienced it once, I wanted to experience the same feeling again...

and like drugs, it had its fair share of withdrawals.

Like I said, the challenge was gone. I wanted something to draw me back, an inspiration to remind me of why I loved babysitting. Sure, looking after Mrs Edwin's children on Friday was fun, but it wasn't the same as the first time.

That's why today was going to be different, I was going to let this day be good,

And fun,

And nothing was going change that.

...

Then someone hit my stomach with a football...

...