10) Let the School Relish in Chaos

Today.

It's the present, but at the moment, I saw no gift in sight.

It was Tuesday and I've been rash ever-since yesterday. My actions have lacked justification.

I've ignored Deroc, any attempt that he's made to contact me I've merely ignored, my phone was still completely shut off, I hadn't bothered to reboot it since yesterday.

Honestly, I hadn't a care about him till now.

I had postponed my revenge on Deroc and his group. I didn't want to start anything so soon after I had been injured. But, it was mainly due to one thing. 

At this moment, Deroc wasn't at school.

Which means he's not in this English lesson.

But it wasn't Deroc's lack of appearance that had made me care as much.

It was Mara's.

Mara and Deroc weren't in lesson, English to be precise. It wasn't downright concerning but it was almost halfway through the day and I hadn't seen a hide nor hair of either of them. As a result, no one had touched me. I meant that figuratively and literally.

No one had made any remarks, no one has dared to push or shove me.

It either has something to do with my shoulder or Deroc's lack of appearance at school. See, Deroc's 'people' don't usually try to go after me unless he's here.

Why do I feel like I've talked about this before?

Whatever the case, no-one has dared to bully me, possibly because of his absence. It wasn't Deroc's fault, entirely, people tend to fall under a banner when it's suits them, especially to justify their bullying. Strip away their justifications and you're left with kids that have personal issues, directed at someone they believe deserves it.

When the most popular guy at school is shown to bully someone, others will follow suit.

Well most would, except for Brendan?

Mara and Isabella don't really fit into this. Mara's 'bullying' me due to our friendship and conversations being hidden behind tripping and hitting.

And, I'm pretty sure that in the case of Isabella, she has no clue who I am; that question is still being left up to the jury to decide that. Isabella hadn't given any indication of knowing my past or not, either could be true, but the answer laid unknown in my subconscious.

Ever since yesterday I've noticed... well more so noticed the lack of something.

Brendan hadn't exactly 'bullied' me.

Threatened me? Sure.

Judged me?

...

Yeah, he thought I was a bad football player, reserving me to the sweeper position last Mond-

...

Wait what?

Another piece of the puzzle had returned. The puzzle being my attempt at remembering the memories I lost after I got knocked out last week.