9) Cold day

I hate my life, I think everyone does at some point.

Perhaps you've just had a bad day, perhaps there was a day where you just wanted everything to fade away in your sleep, only for reality to slap you awake once more.

For me, I dreaded the morning sunrise. Waking up felt like a punch to the face. Knowing that I had to wake up for school, only to be bullied into submission by someone I had known since I was born, it was a... nuisance, the cycle continued, never to end.

I was sick of it.

Yet, as I walked to the infirmary, I couldn't help but let my thoughts slip to better times. The corridors to my destination seemed to be endless.

Recently, I had jumped out the infirmary, spraining my ankle and, even more recently, I've been beaten to a pulp, with a newly bruised stomach and dislocated shoulder to show for it.

I was in pain.

A lot of fucking pain.

I had planned on shrivelling into a ball once Deroc and his friends had left me. I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream.

I just wanted peace.

But no, instead, the countdown of the clock kept going and I didn't plan on letting myself die any time soon. I had contemplated it, especially after everything that had happened at my old school.

Back then, I had become known as a disloyal person that no one could trust, watching as everyone I knew was ripped away by them. As my friends plummeted down a dark path of crime that I couldn't stop.

I could have done something.

I should have done something.

So I did.

But it wasn't the right decision.

I should have talked to them.

Instead, I snitched on them.

I had questioned my own loyalty. It didn't help that when my old friends found out about what I did, it only enforced my fears.

I had once contemplated the thought of death by my own hands.

But, when I got the infamous scar on my stomach, everything changed.

I thought I was dead in that moment and I didn't like it.

My thoughts became blank, my memories felt like they had instantly vanished as a knife was plunged into me.

I wouldn't let death take me yet.

Not today, nor tomorrow.

Not until I say it can.

I had picked myself up, off the chilling school floor that Deroc and his friends had left me on and made my way to the infirmary, at a snails pace. The infirmary  was my only chance of getting any aid. If I was quick enough I could catch Mr Draydon before the next-

The school bell rang.

For everyone else, it was time for the next lesson. For me, I should be acting as a nurse.

I needed to hurry.

I couldn't go much further. I hadn't eaten all day, my stomach was no doubt bruised and my adrenaline had been used up in my brief fight with Simon's group. I was walking on sheer will-power alone and I had no one to help me.

I was alone.

Then, the corridors started filling with people.

I could have collapsed then and there, let someone get me to the nurses office and then had Mr Draydon sort my condition out.